Item # CST00FZ
Castelli Aero Race 5.1 Full Zip Jersey - Men's $125.96
Shedding grams and saving watts is tricky business, especially when you're wading through hyperbolic claims and constantly-changing technologies to choose kit that will actually make a difference. Before your summer race calendar gets going, upgrade your race kit with Castelli's Aero Race 5.1 Full Zip Jersey to stay aerodynamic and comfortable as you vie for a spot on the podium.
Part of what makes the Aero Race 5.1 so aerodynamic is its virtually second skin fit, which eliminates any need to size down to ensure the jersey mimics your body movements in the saddle. Castelli crafts the front of the impeccably-cut jersey using its Velocity fabric, a featherweight textile engineered with closely-woven fibers that usher air over your shoulders and back with their dimpled surface. Castelli, never satisfied with complacency, further improved Velocity this year to enable it to save a claimed two additional watts over last year's version of the fabric, making this the fastest Aero Race to date.
On the back, incredibly breathable 3D mesh fabric lifts moisture away from your skin to evaporate before you can think about feeling soggy, while its dimpled surface complements Velocity to help you slice through the wind. Castelli also includes three rear pockets held close to your body by a compressive mesh band for storing race fuel, along with reflective accents to keep the Aero Race as practical as it is aerodynamic.
- Ride for a podium spot in this wind-cheating race jersey
- Contoured, race fit saves watts wherever possible
- Dimpled fabric aims to create less drag in the wind
- Mesh panels provide constant breathability
- Three rear pockets stash fuel for longer races
- Waist compression band supports the pockets
- Reflective accents help you stay visible on dim days
View more Men's Short Sleeve Road Bike Jerseys
Gore Bike WearPower WindStopper Softshell Jersey - Short-Sleeve - Men's
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Large
This is very much a race fit, very tight in the shoulders and bicep area. So tight that when pulling it off I tore the sleeve cuff on first use. The material is like a mesh and seems fragile. Not a jersey I'd wear on club rides, fine for hot racing conditions, particularly events like Criterium. I wouldn't expect it to last very long.
Waiting to receive the Jersey
Ordered on 7/6 with "2-day shipping". It's the 8th now, so I checked the CC site and saw it's expected to arrive on the 7/10. This is the second time CC has not adhered to the "2-day" promise. What gives?? Can I trust CC when they tell me something?.
Small on Another Level
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XXL
My first jersey was a Castelli. Love it still. I have others and while I know I need to step up a size when ordering Castelli, this jersey was particularly small. I can't say much on performance of this jersey because I never used it. I chose the 3 stars for a "middle of the road" approach. I recommend you go 2 sizes over. The XXL was so small I didn't dare zip it up. I have XL and XXL jerseys based on manufacturer, but this one is real small.