The next layer.
While we're big proponents of the classic thermal jersey, mere insulation can only take us so far into winter's chill. Eventually, we need more of a barrier, and the Men's Capo Padrone SL Wind Vest adds the right amount of coverage for comfortable miles in early winter or early spring. By blocking the wind, the Padrone lets thermal under layers do their job without any interference from outside forces.
The Padrone SL is made from Capo's Italian Element 4 Membrane, a material that performs the duties of a classic wind vest with updating breathability. By keeping your core protected from both the external chill and the internal accumulation of clammy moisture, the Italian Element 4 Membrane maintains a two-pronged assault on the leading excuses of staying off the bike when the temperature drops and the wind rises.
The vest is finished with mesh panel that provides body-hugging stretch without compromising the windproof barrier on the vest's front. A jacquard waist elastic keeps everything in place, even when the three rear pockets are loaded with ride essentials. Finally, the membrane's all-over luminescence is a stylish grey in standard light but, in low-light situations, becomes an aggressively reflective surface to help keep you noticed by other road users and ensure your rides don't come to a premature end.
- A wind vest for cycling in cold, dry conditions
- Membrane is breathable and windproof
- Mesh inserts for added stretch and a cleaner fit
- All-over reflectivity is a beacon to other road users
- Three rear pockets hold ride essentials and thermal accessories
View more Men's Vests
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.