Unless your local climate jumps from the heat of summer to the cold of winter without any transitional months buffering the temperature change, then chances are you already know the value of kit like the Capo SL Roubaix Men's Bib Shorts. Thermal shorts allow you to tailor your coverage to the changing weather, so you can wear them alone in the high-50s but supplement with knee and leg warmers as temperatures descend into the 30s. That means that, instead of needing multiple pairs of bib shorts, knickers, and tights for cycling either side of summer, you can simplify your wardrobe to just the SL Roubaix Bibs and a pair of warmers.
The shorts' primary job is as a thermal barrier against the cold, and the Super Roubaix SL material's hollow-core construction make it ideally suited to that task. Hollow core yarns are based on the structure of merino wool. In Super Roubaix SL, this structure creates countless micro-pockets of air that retain body warmth and insulate well above what the material's weight would suggest. The material is also breathable, reducing the risk that a few hard efforts will leave you wallowing in a clammy chill for the rest of the ride.
While it's not quite on par with Capo's top-end summer kit, the medium-gauge material still provides a gently compressive hold to help stabilize your muscles. This helps reduce both the fatigue and recovery time associated with long hours of winter base miles. The material's distinctive wave pattern is another pleasant touch that helps it stand out, and the Element 4 360° luminescent leg bands add to that with pronounced reflectivity in low-light conditions. Additional hits of reflective branding on the outseam of either leg further boost visibility, and the bib straps are finished with a lightweight mesh that avoids interfering with your torso layering strategy.
In one final touch of rider-focused comfort, Capo finishes the shorts with a CS EIT chamois. This particular insert is similar to the chamois included in the summer-weight Padrone bibs, but it extends further in the front to offer more protection to an area that we can all agree deserves a little shelter from the elements.
- Versatile thermal bib shorts for cold-weather cycling
- High-stretch Italian material insulates and breathes
- Gentle compression helps reduce fatigue from base miles
- 12-panel design creates a cycling-specific silhouette
- Elastic Interface chamois adds long-ride comfort
- Allows for progressive protection when combined with warmers
- Pronounced reflectivity helps keep you visible in low-light conditions
View more Men's Bib Shorts
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.