Why We Like The Lefty Ocho 100mm Alloy Fork
Cannondale is one trailblazing manufacturer that produces products that seem a little out there to those who are stuck on traditional components, but we think the Lefty Ocho 100mm Alloy Fork is a new milestone in cross-country riding. It's named Ocho due to the seven previous versions that have undergone testing to become the first single-sided, single-crown fork on the market, and it functions without sacrificing stiffness or weight. Instead, we find more control, accuracy, and confidence for consistently increased speed over a mess of terrain.
Smooth riding with the Lefty Ocho comes thanks to three connected sets of needle bearings that keep the inner leg from rotating with the outer leg, with the result being no friction. Instead, it's just smooth suspension action that beats out the rest. Its single-crown design promotes precision and control by combining two legs' worth of material into one. Cannondale's engineers overbuilt certain areas for stiffness and strength and reduced material where little flex is wanted. We also see smooth and supple damping in all conditions thanks to a self-bleeding and high-flow damper with external compression and rebound adjustment.
- The revolutionary, first, and only single-crown fork on the market
- A unique design for control over flex, resulting in increased precision
- Just one leg makes for the lightest XC suspension fork out there
- Ocho rolls smoothly on needle bearings for smooth suspension action
- An alloy construction is lightweight and highly durable
- Smooth, supple, spike-free damping in all conditions imaginable
- Single crown saves weight and aids steering precision and control