Helm Works Series 130 Boost Fork
The Cane Creek Helm fork is well known in enduro and all-mountain circles for it's impressively stiff chassis, plush yet supportive travel, and high degree of tunability that's simply unmatched by other forks on the market. Initially it was optimized for longer travel bikes, but that's all changed with the Helm Works Series 130 Boost Fork. This new fork is based on the esteemed Helm Air platform, but includes several features that boost performance for aggressive XC and and trail riding while shedding a substantial amount of weight in the process. So if you're the proud owner of a short-travel shredder like the Yeti SB100, Santa Cruz Blur, or Pivot Trail 429 and you're looking for a fork with a robust chassis that lets you push the front end of your bike harder than you ever thought possible, look no further than the Helm Works Series 130 Boost Fork.
The Helm Works Series is designed around 29in or 27.5+ wheels and is set at 130mm of travel out of the box, though it can be easily reduced to 120mm without any additional parts thanks to the easy-to-use indexed travel adjust system. It has the same 35mm stanchions and stout lowers as the original Helm 29 Air, but gets a 44mm offset hollow crown, revised internals, and a bolt-on D-Loc axle system to shed some weight. This means you'll enjoy the same stiffness and support as the original Helm, but with a 100-gram weight savings. The fork also sees the addition of a climb switch, allowing riders to stiffen the suspension mid-ride for a more stable climbing platform. The fork still offers the same independently adjustable positive and negative air chambers, high and low speed compression adjustments, and accessory-free air volume adjustment as the original Helm.
- A Helm fork designed for aggressive riding on shorter travel bikes
- 130mm of plush & supportive travel gobbles up technical terrain
- 35mm stanchions and burly chassis are stiffer than the competition
- Hollow crown, revised internals, and bolt-on axle save weight
- Climb Switch lets you firm up the travel for better efficiency
- Independent positive and negative air chambers tune the ride
- Mono-tube damper offers easier service and reliability
- Accessory-free air volume adjustment for tuning bottom out progression