Why We Like The eeBrakes G4 Caliper Brake
eeBrakes are on many a weight weenie's radars as they pretty much pack the same, if not better, braking than the big brands while shedding some serious grams. This makes it an ideal component for putting your road, tri, or TT rig on a diet without sacrificing safety or confidence on steep descents. Previously, you could only get eeBrakes in black but now with Cane Creek producing the calipers, it's offering them in some fun limited edition versions like the El Rosado we have here. Available in standard and direct mount versions.
The caliper is constructed from a strategic mix of high-grade aluminum, titanium, and stainless steel bits, and a highly efficient design that boasts impressive strength and stiffness for increased modulation and braking power. At the top, the cable runs into the caliper at the center rather than to the side as found on most rim brake calipers. eeBrakes calls this Cross Cable Path, and it moves the brake cable out of the wind for increased aerodynamic advantages.
The eeBrake G4 is a wider design optimized for 22 – 28mm rims, comes with a stiffer black arch spring, and receives a revised one-piece center adjuster with built-in resistance for easier adjustments.
This eeBrakes G4 Caliper Brake is available in two versions: framesets using conventional center brake mount systems and direct mount versions and is compatible with Campagnolo, Shimano, and SRAM levers. It uses Shimano-style brake pads which are not included.
- Powerful stopping power and modulation in a lightweight package
- Limited edition color gives your bike some flair
- Quick Strut release makes for easy wheel install and removal
- User-friendly, tool-less adjustability
- Compatible with Shimano-style brake pads
- Updated with a stiffer spring, modern, wider rim compatibility, and improved center adjuster
- Item #CNE002M
- aluminum, titanium, stainless steel
- Caliper Type
- dual pivot rim
- Mount Type
- Standard, Direct
- 2 brakes, 4 brake pads, 2 sets brake hardware
- Claimed Weight
- [Direct] (each) 2.8oz (78g), [Standard] (front) 3oz (85g), (rear) 3oz (84g)
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 3 years