Taking cues from running vests.
The CamelBak Chase Bike Vest takes design cues from sleek hydration vests used by runners, leading to equal distribution of weight and less sloshing around on the trail. This streamlined vest is a great addition for trail riders seeking a low-bulk option for staying hydrated while mountain biking. It includes a 1.5-liter reservoir, which supplies enough water for shorter rides down the local trail network spanning a couple of hours.
Instead of carrying all of your gear on the back, the Chase Bike Vest features stretchable front pockets along the shoulder straps, which do a great job of carrying water bottles, energy gels, and granola bars within easy reach. The straps themselves are comprised of breathable mesh, so you don't overheat or soak up excess perspiration on the trail. Additionally, there's two sternum straps for a better overall fit without it moving excessively or bouncing down the trail.
Looking to the backside of this vest, you'll find the main zippered compartments for storing larger items, like your repair tools, smartphone, earbuds, as well as a tube and patch kit. CamelBak even includes stretchable rear pockets that carry a folded rain shell, so long as it's a relatively compact jacket without excess bulk or insulation.
- Low-bulk hydration vest for spirited trail rides
- 1.5-liter reservoir keeps you hydrated on shorter outings
- Vest equally distributes weight for less bouncing and bulk
- Breathable straps with integrated storage for bottles and snacks
- Zippered rear compartments for larger items, food, repair tools
- Overflow rear-stretch pockets for stashing a compact rain shell