Item # BLY0032
Burley Encore Child Trailer $478.95
You get a workout while your kids enjoy the ride.
With the Burley Encore Child Trailer hooked to your bike, having a babysitter is no longer a requirement for you to get a ride in. Despite being a scaled-down version of the deluxe D-Lite trailer, the Encore still boasts comfort-enhancing features like the adjustable sunshade and padded seats that can be reclined for afternoon naps. A zip-down rain window keeps kids dry if the weather takes a turn for the worse, and generous rear storage provides space for picnic supplies and extra gear. Even better, accessory kits allow you to easily convert the trailer into a stroller, a jogger, or even a ski-mounted sled.
- Encore trailer provides space for one or two children
- Reclining padded seat keeps kids comfortable the entire ride
- Shoulder harnesses keep kids securely strapped in
- Zip-down rain cover window keeps wet weather out
- Retractable sunshade keeps kids sunburn free
- Included bike hitch provides a quick and secure attachment to your bike
- 20-inch black alloy wheels ensure a smooth ride
- Secure parking brake prevents the trailer from rolling away
- Handlebar adjusts to the perfect height when using the trailer as a stroller (stroller kit required)
- Seats can be laid flat while hauling groceries instead of kids
- Rear cargo area stows additional gear
- Accessory kits allow you to utilize the trailer as a one- or two-wheeled stroller, jogger, or even fit it with skis for winter adventures (accessory kits sold separately)
Claimed weights are provided by the vendor.
Have questions? Chat with a Gearhead
View more Strollers & Joggers
Reviews & Community
Burley Encore Product Features
The Encore® bike trailer for kids is perfect for those who want a comfortable, safe and affordable bike trailer.
great trailer with room to grow
bought this for one kid for now with room to grow, bought with the Burley Double Jogger Kit and had no problems attaching to my bike or my husbands. It has been nice being able to get out there and enjoying this great weather and state we have. It is awesome to be a regular stroller as well, quiet large for an everyday stroller but maybe when we have two kids to stroll around it will come in handy.
Overall, really great
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Easy to put together, trails lightly and like a dream. I love the 'trunk space' in the back. My only complaint is that for nearly $500, there should be a wheel attachment for the front to turn it into a stroller. Great overall, my toddler falls asleep in it almost every ride :)
Good, but not worth $500
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I purchased this trailer about two years ago from Backcountry.com. It has been great to have a bike trailer to tow/push my two kids, but I'm disappointed with the condition and performance of the trailer with normal use. Primarily:
1. The zipper for the rain flap is no longer catching the teeth, so I cannot zip it closed. There is only a 1-year warranty on the zipper I come to find out.
2. Some of the spokes are rusted out already, causing an annoying noise when moving.
3. The shoulder straps are uncomfortable for the kids and don't stay in place well.
4. The small stroller wheel attachment is very noisy.
5. The foam handle bar pad is already tearing away.
6. There has been a product recall for the tow bar falling off during riding. Ours hasn't yet, however.
It's great to have, but I expected this thing to hold up much better for $500 new.
A quick introduction to the features of the Encore.
Attached to bike
The Encore is ready to bike out of the box with the included bicycle towbar.
Encore w/ 1-Wheel Stroller
This Encore is equipped with the 1-Wheel stroller kit, which quickly switches from bike to stroll mode without having to remove the included bicycle towbar.
2-Wheel Stroller Kit
The 2-Wheel Stroller kit turns the D'lite into a lightweight, high end stroller. The wheels lock into place in seconds using the solid clamps on the sides of the carrier. The stroll wheels can be easily stashed in the large cargo compartment when not in use.
The Jogger Kit turns your Burley into a rock solid jogger with it's large, fixed position pneumatic wheel.
1-Wheel Stroller Kit
The 1-wheel stroller kit attaches to the provided bicycle towbar, and can then be lowered to stroll mode when you arrive at your destination. When you are ready to bike again just lock the wheel back into it's upward position and be on your way!
100 lbs cargo capacity.
The Encore seat unclips and folds flat to make a large cargo area that safely holds 100 lbs of cargo.
The Encore has a large cargo area to store your strolling kits and other necessities.
The Encore folds flat to fit in a car in seconds.
A closeup of the interior of the Encore. Shows seat pads and mesh pockets.
Encore on Bike
The Encore in bike mode with the included towbar.
A view of the back of the Encore and it's reflectors.
What the Encore looks like with the safety flag installed.
What the Encore looks like with the Ski Kit installed.
What the Encore looks like with the Burley Baby Snuggler installed.