Carbon with class.
The classic Brooks England aesthetic of leather and rivets is steeped in a history synonymous with vintage steel steeds and tweed-adorned cycling festivities. In a departure from the traditional leather, the Cambium line of saddles pairs those venerable aesthetics and renowned comfort with a more modern, cotton-covered rubber shell worthy of an elbow patch pairing but light enough to sit atop a featherweight racing whip. The Brooks England C13 Cambium Saddle has a sleek, race-inspired profile and weighs in at a claimed 150g less than the much-loved C15 Cambium with carbon rails.
The shell of the C13 is built with natural gum rubber, which dampens vibration and boasts just the right amount of flex and spring to comfortably support and conform to a body throughout the pedal stroke. That comfort is of particular note, as the smooth ride of the Brooks England leather saddles sets an incredibly high bar for the Cambium to match. The cover is a treated organic cotton canvas that resists the elements and breaks in — rather than wears out — with miles. The two layers are vulcanized, forming them into a single piece that will remain intact for the life of the saddle. This shell rests on a continuous carbon fiber rail, providing a lightweight platform that maintains the shape of the saddle as the miles and years roll by.
- A race-worthy saddle packed with classical heritage
- Cotton-covered rubber shell cushions your sit bones
- Sleek aesthetics evoke nostalgia for classic cycling era
- Lightweight construction sheds 150-grams from C-15 model
- Natural gum rubber damps vibrations, and flexes with you
- Carbon rails reduce weight and keep a reliable platform
- Organic cotton canvas breaks in rather than wears out