Why We Like The CCC Gravel Disc Wheel
For that bikepacking trip through dusty old farm roads, down a bit of singletrack, and up through a national forest, we recommend the CCC Gravel Disc Wheel. It's a gravel-specific wheelset meant to be our best companion when the pavement ends. We appreciate its lightweight alloy construction, along with the confidence-inspiring stopping power of disc brakes.
We should note that Boyd Cycling's Altamont Lite is the wheel for use with both 25mm road tires and also gravel tires, but the CCC, with a 30mm minimum tire size, is as tough as the Civilian Conservation Corps it is named for. In the Great Depression, that program gave young people jobs constructing trails and shelters, planting billions of trees, and fighting fires. Now, we can appreciate their work with Boyd's nod to their achievements by rolling with the CCC wheelset down one of the many old roads and trails they built.
- A dedicated gravel grinding wheelset for rugged off-road terrain
- An alloy construction maintains a lightweight and durability
- Built with Quest Disc Brake Hubs for capable stopping power
- 30mm minimum tire size for hosting rubber that can tackle more
- Tubeless-ready gravel-specific clincher for running lower tire pressures