Divine SL Dropper Post
We'd wager that among the riders who have ridden with a dropper post, few would dispute the benefits. The ability to lower your saddle height on the fly is remarkably useful for attacking technical sections of trail. The only downside is the notable weight increase compared to standard seatposts, making the decision of whether or not to run one a bit more difficult for cross-country racers. Bike Yoke addresses this concern with their new Divine SL Dropper Post, a featherweight dropper that's designed specifically for XC and marathon racers. Coming in at only 385g (that's well under a pound), the Divine SL is right up there with the lightest dropper posts on the market, offering 80mm of travel with a 400mm total length. That being said, the Divine SL is unique in that you can cut it as short as 283mm total length if your frame and saddle height allow it, dropping the weight as low as 345g.
Bike Yoke has won awards for the technology found in their trusty Revive dropper post, and the Divine SL takes advantage of the consistency and reliability of that same design, albeit modified a bit for the shorter travel. The shorter travel means that the Divine SL doesn't require manual resets like the Revive does, so there's no valve to bleed air from the system because it isn't needed. The other big difference with the new Divine SL is the "Tech-Climb" feature. Tech-Climb keeps the post completely locked in place at the top and bottom positions, but allows slight spring in the middle positions, filtering the impact of roots and rocks when you're in the saddle on techy climbs.
Please note that because of the lightweight design, Bike Yoke recommends a max rider weight of 253lb, including gear.
- A lightweight dropper post for XC & marathon racing
- Non-IFP design provides better reliability and smoother action
- Tech-Climb feature helps on steep climbs filled with rocks & roots
- Lower tube can be cut to a shorter length to save weight
- Shorter travel design doesn't require manual resets like the Revive
- Compatible with carbon and oval saddle rails
- Titanium bolts & tapered tubes keep the weight impressively low
- Includes Triggy X remote, cable & housing, and an optional I-spec adapter
- Item #BYK0004
- [post] aluminum, [saddle clamp bolts] titanium
- 30.9mm, 31.6mm
- 400mm (can be cut as short as 283mm)
- cable-actuated, hydraulic internals
- Claimed Weight
- [30.9 x 400mm] 13.6oz (385g), [31.6 x 400mm] 14.3oz (404g)
- Recommended Use
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov