Z20 Aero MIPS Helmet
Sprinters and domestiques with their nose in the wind all day know that every aero advantage matters. That’s why the Z20 Aero MIPS Helmet from Bell exists, providing a well-vented helmet that features an aero-optimized shape designed to slice through the wind when every second counts.
What makes the Z20 Aero so impressive is that even though aerodynamics were the key priority, Bell didn't overlook cooling features in its design. As such, the Overbrow ventilation features intake ports ushering cool air in and pushing it through an air channel matrix keeping your head cool. This, along with the X-Static padding of quick-drying materials that pull moisture away from your head, is an effective way to keep you from overheating on summer rides and on long climbs. Its fit adjustment consists of its lightweight Float Fit Race system with seamless MIPS integration with an easy to turn dial to adjust tension, wide range vertical adjustment, and padded, width-adjustable cradles to customize the fit. Additionally, its no-twist Tri-Glides fasteners are quick adjusting and help keep the straps flat and properly positioned.
The helmet is constructed using Progressive Layering, which uses variable EPS foam densities to better manage the transfer of energies after some impacts. Furthermore, its equipped with MIPS technology that utilizes a slip-plane inside the helmet to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts.
- An aero helmet that doesn't forget a proper fit or ventilation
- Progressive Layering EPS foam better manages the transfer of energies
- MIPS slip-plane is designed to reduce rotational forces in certain impacts
- No-Twist Tri-Glides quick adjust fasteners keep straps flat and in position
- Float Fit Race offers 3-way adjustability (height, width, and tension)
- X-Static pads are quick-drying and woven with silver fibers to inhibit odor
- Sweat Guide pad pulls moisture away from the brow pad and eyewear
- Overbrow Ventilation ushers in cool air and through an air-channel matrix for full head ventilation