Shorty Ultimate Brake
The name says it all, and the Avid Shorty Ultimate Cyclocross Brake is just that. You can have lightweight, adjustability, and the sure stopping power of Avid brakes.
The Ultimate Brake has more than a few details that we really appreciate. Firstly, they use standard road brake pads. As you may expect, they'll be easy to replace as every bike shop will have something to get you back on course if you have the need. Secondly, the arms are width adjustable to accommodate slight differences in stud placement on your cyclocross frame or fork and to ensure that you have proper heel clearance for the rear brake. The Shorty Ultimate Brakes also have a built-in tension adjuster and an easy-to-use quick release on the straddle cable.
Aside from all of that, the Avid Shorty Ultimate Cyclocross Brake looks trick enough to do the mid '90s CNC cottage industry proud. They come as a set with both front and rear brakes and are available in Black/red or Grey/black.
- A CX-tuned brake built to stop on a dime in muddy conditions
- Reliability of Avid's stopping power in a cyclocross application
- Standard road brake pads are easy to replace and fuss-free
- Adjustable width arms accommodate mount placement and heel clearance
- Sleek aesthetic keeps your ride looking sharp