Astute Italia Skycarb 3.0 VT Saddle
Item # ASU0007
Astute Italia Skycarb 3.0 VT Saddle $399.99
Sky's the limit.
As the flagship saddle in Astute Italia's line, the Sky Carb 3.0 VT Saddle employs an innovative twin carbon shell designed to reduce vibration before it's transferred to your body, resulting in less fatigue as you lay down power during racing and training scenarios. This two-piece shell uses two additional pads inserted between the carbon shells and rails, further reducing fatiguing vibration as it moves through your frame's seat tube, up your seatpost, then into the saddle.
It's padded with progressive memory foam that's firmer in the rear for additional support and softer up front for comfort and mobility exactly where you need it. This progressive memory foam is covered with a premium Italian microfiber that's both easy to clean and soft to the touch, complete with textured grooves along the sides and nose for a bit more stability.
Seeing it's part of the Sky line, it has a flat shape that diverges from the more rounded Star line of saddles available from Astute Italia. The VT version (i.e. "verta" meaning open in Venetian) of this saddle has a center channel cut-out designed to relieve pressure in the pelvic area. And as you'd expect from a saddle of this pedigree, it's handmade in Italy with only the finest materials and exceptional detail that's simply not available with a mass manufactured saddle.
- Astute Italia's flagship saddle provides a smoother ride
- Weighs an feathery 170 grams for competitive racing use
- Twin carbon shell reduces fatiguing vibration in the saddle
- Shock-absorbing pads inserted between twin carbon shells
- Flat shape with large center cut-out for pressure relief
- Progressive memory foam is firm at rear, softer up front
- Full carbon rails optimize its strength-to-weight
- Handmade in Italy with exceptional fit and finish