LL.bonkaTights_s7 Bib Tights
The cycling industry loves superlatives, and there may be no brand of clothing whose product is more awash in adjectives ending in -est than Assos. We're loathe to blindly pile on, but the fit of kit like the LL.bonkaTights_s7 demands it. So here goes. When it comes to bib tight fit, the LL.bonkaTights are the closest to perfection that we've had the opportunity to struggle into—in a word, they're magical.
Assos' RX heavy fabric makes up the tights' body. It's a material that hits the usual cold-weather mark of a brushed inner face that creates small pockets of insulating void in order to establish a microclimate of comfort beneath its protective exterior. It also manages moisture from within and without, wicking sweat from your skin and—with Assos' Water Resistant (WR) treatment—keeping road spray, rain, and even melting snow at bay. Where the LL.milleTights substitute RX Light on the back of the legs for protection equal to early winter conditions, the LL.bonkaTights go all-in with RX Heavy throughout for Assos' highest level of winter warmth.
The LL.bonkaTights are finished with the Cento chamois, whose amethyst microfiber cover is meant to reference royalty throughout the world's ages and cultures. The memory foam at the insert's heart absorbs road noise and shock and features a high degree of return. It's able to compress and reform fast enough that, as you pedal, it stays against your skin, "filling the gaps" while your legs move. The chamois' superAir waffle padding is perforated for increased breathability, and combines with the purple top layer to transport moisture away from your body. The whole thing is anchored with Assos' goldenGate technology, so the unattached center sides allow the chamois to move with your skin rather than against it, relocating the point of friction away from the chamois/skin interface.
- Assos bib's for harsh winter conditions
- RX heavy fabric offers thermal insulation when temps dip
- Weatherproof membrane and Geoprene insert seal out moisture
- DWR treatment repels water instead of soaking through
- cento_S7 insert cushions against road imperfections
- Reflective elements increase visibility in low light
- Bib design uses a wider cut of elastic for less pressure
- Stratagon Ultra fabric is an extra barrier against the cold
- Item #AAS005E
- [face fabric] RX Heavy, [hip, thigh, and knee] Stratagon, [lower leg] Type.009 waterBarrier, [lower abdomen] Stratagon Ultra
- Chamois Thickness
- Y7 frame carrier bibTech
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty