The pinnacle of practicality.
The Assos iJ. Intermediate_s7 Women's Jacket is a relatively simple concept employed with very un-simple fabrics to make for one of the most advanced cycling pieces you may ever wear. It is light enough that it could be called a long-sleeve jersey, but we think that's one of its greatest strengths. The jacket is comprised of no fewer than six different fabrics, applied to 14 different elements, combining into one of the best fits, and with the best performance, you may ever feel. Without getting too technical, we'll lay out the basics: the Intermediate_s7 begins life as a summer-weight jersey, before having sleeves added and then getting a treatment of a light, windproof fabric called stratagonUltra airBlock over the main body's front panels. This material is extremely element-resistant yet is also incredibly flexible, meaning you get the core protection of a softshell jacket or vest without the noisy, stiff, plastic bag feeling that they often bring.
The rear panels are made out of Assos' Type.vX121, a highly breathable material to evacuate accumulated moisture within, without compromising your warmth. The full-length front zipper gets a protective panel toward the top to prevent neck irritation, and a zippered pocket on the garment's back is perfectly sized for a wallet, smartphone, or both.
- Assos brings fabric expertise to a light jacket
- Six different fabrics blend to fight wind
- Fit locks into place with strategic panels
- Core fabric offers softshell level protection
- Stretchy fabric at sleeves allows free range of motion
- Regulate core temperature with help from breathable back
- Drop heat in a pinch with full-length front zip