The assumption is that if you ride in the rain, no matter what you do or what you wear, your legs are going to get wet and cold because water-resistant bottoms are a fantasy. Assos is in the business of turning fantasy into reality and the Hk.sturmNuss Half Knickers get us all closer to realization of that fantasy.
These knickers are made with Assos' new Triton fabric. It has something pretty revolutionary called "flexible membrane barrier technology." This means that when it's cold inside the garment, the membrane is less permeable, to better retain heat. As the inside heats up, the membrane becomes more permeable, and the micro-pores let sweat vapor out -- pretty amazing. The membrane is sandwiched between an inner layer and outer layer, which are bonded as a sandwich, and the inner and outer can be changed depending on how the garment is supposed to be used. In this case, Assos uses Triton V1 for the central panels, a sturdier, heavier iteration that does a great job of blocking rooster tails and splashes and doesn't need to do a great deal of stretching. And on the side panels, they employ strataGonUltra because it's thinner and much more elastic, for a better fit.
These knickers are actually made to be worn over shorts, knickers, tights, legwarmers, etc. Think of them as a shell for your lower body. They hold onto your hips with elastic on the back half of the waistband and with the stretch of the fabrics in front. At the bottom of the legs is a siliconized calf gripper. Assos stitches reflective strips on the panels on the hamstrings to help make you more visible on rainy rides.
The Assos Hk.sturmNuss Half Knickers are Black. Sizes run from Small to TIR.
- Assos full-length rainShell pants that tackle rain, wind, and bad weather
- Ultra-compact leg protection that insulates without hindering movement
- Adapts to changes in ambient temperatures ensuring you stay dry
- Lower calf zipper construction makes them easy to get on and off
- Advanced Ergonomic Pattering Design contours to your body
- TRITON V2 fabric is waterproof, breathable, and abrasion resistant
- TRITON V1 fabric is a light, stretchy, and used on the side panels for movement
- Taped seams at critical areas improve water repellency