A proven design.
Assos never fails to — err — impress with its nothing-is-off-limits approach to naming its garments, but commendably, the brand also continues to back those bold naming conventions up with impeccably tailored kit. The brand's H.laalaLaiShorts_S7 USA Cycling Lady Short is crafted with expertise for women looking for a break from bib straps and lengthy pit stops but who have no desire to step down to entry-level or sub-par kit. This model also bears evidence of Assos' recent official sponsorship of USA Cycling.
We couldn't agree more with Assos that bib-free shouldn't mean substandard materials, and however you want to say it, the H.laalaLai makes a versatile addition to road kit for the days you just want to throw on shorts and go. Assos constructed the H.laalaLai with a high waist to support you as you're stretched out in your drops, with clean lines and a longer inseam on par with current trends. Made with a breathable, moisture-wicking blend of nylon and elastane, the short is tasked with following your body movements in the saddle, maintaining shape over long rides without needing to be tugged back into place every few minutes.
Assos lines the H.laalaLai with the same chamois as the rest of the H.laalaLai line, the Lady S7. It's a flexible design that moves with you and the main body of the shorts for a smooth, integrated transition. Rather than taking the thick, multi-layered foam approach, Assos keeps the Lady S7 plush but efficient, aiming to reduce the likelihood of chafing and irritation rather than trying to create a chamois akin to a pillow.
- Assos' elite level shorts for women who skip the bib straps
- Breathable nylon blend exceeds in moisture management
- Elastane offers supportive stretch that follows body movements
- Wide, high waist locks fit into place for long miles
- Clean lines and long inseam keeps aesthetics on trend
- Lady S7 chamois flexes and moves with you, cushions sit bones
- Silicone grip at bottom of leg locks your hems in place for a tidy look