When it comes to winter riding apparel, aside from the feet, the head is the most neglected part of the body. When you think about it, this is an absurd notion. After all, whether you're on the hoods or in the drops, your head takes the brunt of oncoming wind. So, if you have the slightest care for your ears or well-being, you need to slip on the Assos fuguHelm Cap.
The fuguHelm cap benefits from a similar combination of materials as Assos' iJ.Habu jacket. It has a stretchy, windproof front to shield you from cold winds, yet the back portion breathes easily and provides the perfect level of insulation to keep you warm and comfortable. Assos gave the cap a short bill that can be flipped up or down, and two short elastic loops over each ear that allow you to tuck in the temples of your glasses.
The Assos fuguHelm Cap is available in the colors Black Volkanga and White Panther and in sizes 0, I, and II. Assos places the cap in its climaRange 4.4 category, or in non-Assos-speak, extreme winter. The fuguHelm is designed for sub-freezing conditions, so be aware that any temperatures over 32 degrees Fahrenheit will start to feel a bit toasty.
- A winter cap for keeping your head warm on cold rides
- Synthetic yarns insulate and wick moisture
- Elastic loops over ears allow you to tuck in your sunglasses' arms
- The brim offers extra protection and can be flipped up when not needed
- Windproof up front for more protection without bulk
- Fits easily under any helmet
- Back portion breathes easily to prevent overheating