Let it rain.
Though Hyas (who was killed by his own prey while hunting) isn't a terribly inspiring namesake for a gravel bike, the fact that his sisters, the Hyades, mourned themselves to death and were elevated to a constellation whose ascension corresponds with the rainy season does make sense. Alchemy's Hyas Ultegra Complete Road Bike is equipped with huge tire clearance, a stable footprint, and disc brakes, making it an ideal choice for the all-terrain, all-season adventure cyclist who doesn't take bad weather and shifty surfaces as reasons to go slow.
The Hyas proves that all-terrain doesn't mean all-time heavy or all over the damn place in terms of handling. It lacks the Aithon's aerodynamic head tube, but it includes similar reinforcement throughout the drive spine and the same rear triangle tweaks. These are most noticeable in the seatstays, which are bowed to produce engineered flex in order to soak up bumps and chatter when the going gets bumpy and chatter-y. Those comfort-first seatstays are paired with oversized chainstays linking the big bottom bracket to built-up Alchemy dropouts, helping the ensure that gravel-road comfort doesn't come at the expense of pedaling efficiency.
- A gravel bike for the competitive adventurer
- Frame design that balances comfort and efficiency
- Award-winning carbon layup blends weight loss with stiffness gains
- The carbon parade continues with an ENVE gravel fork
- Disc brakes and 38mm tire clearance suited for all conditions
- Unique root beer clear coat finish showcases layup with style
- Compatible with electronic and mechanical drivetrains
- Alchemy builds every frame in Denver, CO