When slipping isn't an option.
Whether you're pummeling down nasty, rock-infested trails or pedaling along forested singletrack with slimy roots threatening to throw you off balance, the Adidas Terrex Trail Cross SL Mountain Bike Shoe keeps you firmly glued to your pedals with sure-footed grip and plentiful support underfoot. This pair of trail riding shoes is designed for use with flat pedals, ensuring you remain securely connected to your bike while riding over technical trail sections. And because you'll often scope out new lines before plunging in, you'll enjoy the shoe's ability to flex and conform to the terrain underneath you while walking down the trail.
You'll find the same Stealth rubber compound that's made Five Ten Shoes (Adidas actually acquired Five Ten a few years back) a favorite among aggressive trail riders for its tacky grip, even in the slick and muddy conditions encountered on the trail. Not only does the sole employ Stealth rubber, but it uses a triangular traction pattern to evacuate moisture and provide flexibility where you need it and grip exactly where you want it.
Looking to the uppers, you'll find the breathable mesh does an admirable job of keeping your feet cool and dry, even when temperatures skyrocket on summer days. This breathable upper is reinforced with a protective rubber toe cap, seeing you'll probably smash your feet on a number of trail features, such as rocks and roots. Other key features include an energy-absorbing EVA midsole that smooths out big drops and uneven terrain, as well as a Pro-Moderator medial support system for a bit more stability while pedaling.
- Confidence-inspiring shoe for aggressive trail riders
- Sole is designed exclusively for trail riders using flats
- Ultra-grippy Stealth rubber with triangular traction pattern
- Flexible design allows you to walk over hike-a-bike sections
- Breathable mesh uppers reinforced with durable rubber toe cap
- Energy-absorbing EVA midsole smooths out vibration underfoot
- Pro-Moderator system provides stability and midfoot protection
- Lace bungee keeps dangling laces from snagging while you ride