Polarized is one of those names that reek of marketing. It's a pity as Polarizing does a simple, great thing. Polarized lenses block glare and improve your vision in bright, reflected light. Oakley figured out how to improve the existing technology, and that's why they they're now making Polarized lenses. Putting XL polarized lenses into their new Fast Jacket makes a great package for eye protection on those long, sunny days in the saddle.
You've surely noticed that distracting sources of light are those in front of and below you. Snow is obvious, but glare can also be harsh on the water, on the road, and from shiny cars on the road. The application here is similar to a Venetian blind for your lenses, with the horizontal lines blocking the glare. PPutting XL polarized lenses into their new Fast Jacket makes a great package for eye protection on those long, sunny days in the saddle.You'll see better, and you'll squint less. In the end you'll be more rested because your eyes don't have to work so hard to see.
What makes Oakley polarizing different is that they figured out how to integrate the filter into their lenses without applying glue. Their competitors typically sandwich the filter between thin layers of lenses using clear glue. The glue is often the source of the slight distortion you experience when wearing some polarized glasses. Another plus of Oakley polarizing is they make both the right and left lenses at the same time and cut them out in parallel pieces so the filter lines up exactly the same way for both eyes. This is one less piece of optical information for your eyes and brain to adjust to: another reduction in eyestrain.
The Fast Jacket is Oakley applying their Switchlock technology to open edge lens architecture. So you can get the benefits of their race-specific Jawbone in a style that is technical enough to be worn for hard riding and casual enough to hang out at the beach. The Switchlock is a lever that locks into place and yet easily opens up to change the lenses. Aesthetically, the finished stainless adds nice visual pop to the already attractive package.
The Oakley Fast Jacket Polarized XL comes in three colors, each with different sets of lenses. The Black Plaid fame comes with G30 Polarized and VR50 lenses. The Polished Black comes with Black Iridium Polarized and Persimmon. The Polished White comes with 00 Red Polarized and G40. Packed in the box is a soft vault (aka hard case), along with a micro fiber travel bag that has pockets for spare lenses and doubles as a cleaning cloth. Lastly, the glasses also come with two sets of nosepieces to best customize your fit.
- Switch lenses as quickly as conditions change with Oakley's Switchlock system
- Open-edge design eliminates frame material at the bottom for better downward view
- Lens features a curved shape at the bottom to limit movement as your facial muscles and cheekbones respond to the awe-inspiring views
- Plutonium lens material resists high-velocity damage, and High Definition Optics (HDO) lenses offer visual clarity and reduced distortion
- XYZ Optics is Oakley's lens patented design that provides clarity at all angles by minimizing light distortion
- Lightweight and highly durable O Matter frame resists wear during rigorous activity
- Includes with a Nano-Clear Hydrophobic pen so you can apply additional coatings
- Includes two sets of interchangeable polarized lenses and two sizes of interchangeable nose pads