SRAM DERAILLEURS - REAR
SRAM Apex Rear Derailleur
- Item: SRM0251 Actual Weight:"Actual Weight" means we weighed this item ourselves. 200 g
Along with the wide-ratio cassette options, the Apex Rear Derailleur is a big part of SRAM's WiFli 2 x 10 speed road shifting system. It stands for Wider, Faster, Lighter. The premise is... why ride with the extra complexity and weight of a triple crank, when you'll have redundant gear ratios across the chainrings anyway? Sure, the folks at SRAM know that many of us want to have a mountain goat style granny gear and something to crank out at high speed as well. That's the reason for WiFli. A wide-ratio cassette coupled to a double crank can, in reality, get you all the gear range you'll need to conquer both mountain passes and city limit sprints with equal aplomb.
The SRAM Apex Rear Derailleur is designed to accommodate the 11-32t 10-speed Apex PG-1050 Cassette. Of course, it will work with all other SRAM 10-speed cassettes as well. It works in harmony with SRAM's Exact Actuation DoubleTap Shifters to make crisp, flawless shifts time and again. The body of the derailleur is aluminum alloy, with the cage plates being made of aluminum for the outer and durable steel for the inner. The jockey wheels are supported on bearings for smooth function and long life. It is available in two cage length configurations -- short (handles up to 28t cassette) and mid (up to 32t cassette).
- Exact Actuation delivers precise 3mm shifts with each click for clean, reliable shifting
- Aluminum inner cage for added durability
- Aluminum outer cage for reduced weight and increased stiffness
- Available in medium and short cages for varying gear ratios