Giro Apeckx Shoes
- Item: GIR0335 Claimed Weight:"Claimed Weight" is an unconfirmed weight provided by the manufacturer. 285 g
Giro turned the mid-level shoe market on its head with the Apeckx Shoe. New for 2012, the Apeckx takes design cues from Giro's high-end shoes, but packs them smartly into a more affordable package. The biggest difference is the sole; the Apeckx utilizes DuPont's Zytel nylon in the place of Easton's carbon fiber, but Zytel has been engineered to provide similar performance to carbon fiber, with a longer fatigue life. Ultimately, this means you get similar performance to carbon fiber for a longer period of time. An EVA footbed with medium arch support will fit the majority of riders, but Giro's SuperNatural Fit Kit is available separately if you need to dial in the fit a little further.
- Offset straps help mitigate hot spots
- Aegis antimicrobial treatment on the footbed reduces odors
- Breathable microfiber upper keeps your feet from overheating
- Mesh cutouts enhance breathability