The Half Jacket 2.0 Polarized are the next generation of Oakley's best-selling 'Jacket' line of sport performance sunglasses. The redesigned 2.0 features a carefully engineered balance that combines the best aspects of the old Half Jacket with the recent Fast Jacket for a subtly edgy, superbly comfortable, and universal fit that wears as great on the bike as it does everywhere else. And fitted with Oakley's superlative polarized lenses, you'll get unmatched optical clarity and glare reduction for the brightest afternoons on the road.
What makes Oakley polarizing different is that they figured out how to integrate the filter into their lenses without applying glue. Other optics makers typically sandwich the filter between thin layers of lenses using clear glue. The glue is often the source of the slight distortion you experience when wearing some polarized glasses. Another plus of Oakley polarizing is they make both the right and left lenses at the same time and cut them out in parallel pieces so the filter lines up exactly the same way for both eyes. This is one less piece of optical information for your eyes and brain to adjust to, which adds up to yet another reduction in potential eyestrain.
Like every Oakley design that leaves their Foothill Ranch factory, the Half Jacket 2.0 not only meets, but exceeds the rigorous standards set by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Granted, the worst that most of us will ever see is the occasional tree branch, or fast-flying insect, but Oakley still designs their lenses to withstand impacts as great as these, keeping your eyes protected wherever you ride.
What good would safety standards be without near-perfect clarity? Oakley's patented High Definition Optics (HDO) boasts some of the best clarity in the industry. These optically-correct lenses are constructed from pure Plutonite, Oakley's proprietary polycarbonate that not only blocks all harmful UV-A, UV-B, UV-C, and harmful blue light up to 400nm, but is also the heart of the impact resistance of which Oakley so proud. Each lens is finished with a hydrophobic treatment that repels moisture buildup from water or sweat, and contaminants like fingerprints or smudges from sunscreen.
The Half Jacket 2.0 Polarized is constructed from a super-lightweight O-Matter polycarbonate frame, and is available in two color options: Polished Black with Black Iridium lenses, or Polished Black with G30 Iridium lenses. Oakley's Iridium treated lenses pull double-duty: firstly, they protect the lens itself from scratches that could impact lens clarity, but more importantly, Iridium is Oakley's proprietary anti-glare treatment. Granted, polarization is the ultimate in glare reduction, but an Iridium lens further reduces glaring white light reflected off the road's surface, thereby lowering your risk for eyestrain. The standard Half Jacket 2.0 Polarized offers medium-to-large lens coverage, so if you have a larger face or like wearing maximum lens real estate, you'll probably prefer the Half Jacket 2.0 XL Polarized.
- Polarized to eliminate glare and protect your eyes when the sun is as relentless as your adventures
- O Matter frame and Unobtainium components maintain low weight while holding the sunglasses in place even when you sweat
- Three-Point Fit holds lenses in specific optical alignment for optimal clarity and coverage
- Interchangeable High Definition Optics lenses maintain sharpness and focus all the way out to your peripheral edge
- Plutonite lens materials (on all lenses) filter out harmful UV rays, while Iridium lens coating further reduces glare when you're looking over water or snow in broad daylight
- Transitions FOLFX photochromic lens options darken and lighten lens according to environmental light
- Semi-rimless design allows for an open downward view that won't restrict your vision