Yakima Highlite Bike Rack - 2 Bike $339.00
Your bikes will securely go where you go on vacation.
When you've finally amassed enough vacation time to take your bikes on a great adventure to Whistler (via Moab, St. George, Jackson, and Bend), then use the Yakima Highlight Bike Rack 2 Bike for safe and secure transport.
- Lightweight aluminum construction is slim and weighs under 20 pounds so you can easily move this rack around
- Sliding SwitchBlade eliminates bike-to-bike contact and improves ease of loading
- Integrated LockDown security cable secures your bikes to the rack
- Arm folds down when not in use, and rack tilts away for rear-of-vehicle access
- Comes with two integrated bottle openers for after-ride brews
- Fits 2in and 1 1/4in receivers out of the box
What community has to say
Do not use on class one hitch
This rack won't work on class one hitch. Backcountry kindly exchanged this for a Thule class one rack for the same price and 2 day air.
Will this work with a 2011 4-Door Jeep...
Will this work with a 2011 4-Door Jeep Wrangler with the spare tire on back?
Probably not, but you can pick up hitch extenders at CAL Ranch or an auto parts store.
Can the bike rack be locked on to the hitch...
Can the bike rack be locked on to the hitch so the whole thing cannot be stolen. I know the bike can be locked on the rack but it doesn't do much good if the whole thing can be taken.
Gail, you will want to buy a receiver lock. They go through the hitch and lock so they cannot be removed. These can be purchased about anywhere.
The problem with this rack is that even though the bottom piece can be locked to the hitch, the bottom is connected to the long bar piece by a standard bolt that can be removed with an allen key and a wrench. Your hitch receiver will be secure, meanwhile the rest of your rack and your bikes can be stolen quite easily.