Thule Vertex Swing Away Bike Rack - 4 Bike $399.95
What's the point of cold beer if you can't get to it?
A long road trip necessitates trunk access (for undies, booze, etc). The four-bike Thule Vertex Swing Away Bike Rack lets you get into your trunk or hatch without removing your bikes or reaching over the back seat. Once you install this hitch rack into your auto's two-inch receiver and secure up to four bikes, your trunk and its precious cargo aren't off-limits because the rack swings well out of the way.
- Taller mast and arched design improves loading-unloading and bumper clearance
- Coated chassis withstands road abuse, folds up for storage, and tilts downward
- Hold Fast Cradles feature soft rubber with grooves to accommodate bike cables and patented reinforced Cradle Straps lock your rig in tight
- Patented No-Sway Cage prevent banging and damage during the bumpy miles
- Hitch Switch on the top of the rack lets you fold down the arms when not in use as well as fold down the whole rack for trunk access
- Snug-Tite receiver lock and a 6ft braided steel cable (both sold separately) lock your rack to your auto and your bikes to the rack when traveling
What community has to say
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Friend has this on his truck. He has never had any problems with it and it is super easy to swing out of the way to load up the gear. Super easy to install and when he is not using it just puts it in the corner of his garage where it waits peacefully until it is time for action. Overall solid mount and he could not be happier.
Put the rack together in minutes. It was just two bolts, two nuts, and some washers. Had it installed on the hitch in minutes. Solid, sturdy and intuitive design. I am going to try to figure out how to secure it my hitch without the snug tite lock. But right out of the box installed on your vehicle if someone wanted to steal the rack they would have a wrench to unbolt it from the hitch. Three bikes and a burley without the wheels fit easily.
How much does it weight?
How much does it weight?
Just got this (nice dealing with backcountry). Installing was quite easy - about an hour total. Put it on my new 4 runner, tested the swing function, works well. I also bought the hitch lock. The instructions for the sway protection were not exactly great, but not difficult to do. I did put my roadie on the rack, just got done, cant wait to test-drive tomorrow. Looks awesome. Will update review tomorrow.