Thule Vertex Bike Rack - 4 Bike $289.95
Ruin your bikes on the trail, not en route.
Instead of turning up the tunes on your long drive to the trailhead, attach the four-bike Thule Vertex Bike Rack to your hitch and get a real solution to the constant banging of bike and bumper. Secure up to four bikes with this new design that fits both 2-inch and 1.25-inch hitches, which also finally gets your prized rides to the trail without damaging them in the process.
- Taller mast and arched design improves loading-unloading and bumper clearance
- Coated chassis withstands road abuse, folds up for storage, and tilts downward for access to your vehicle's trunk
- Hold Fast Cradles feature soft rubber with grooves to accommodate bike cables and patented reinforced Cradle Straps lock you rig in tight
- Patented No-Sway Cage prevent banging and damage during the last bumpy miles on a dirt road
- Hitch Switch on the top of the rack lets you fold down the arms when not in use as well as fold down the whole rack for trunk access
- Snug-Tite receiver lock and a 6ft braided steel cable (both sold separately) lock your rack to your auto and your bikes to the rack when traveling
Reviews & Community
So much better than a roof rack.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Historically I've always had a bike rack on the roof of my car. I finally got one for the back and it is so much more convenient. Highly recommend.
Will this rack work with my Trek Superfly...
Will this rack work with my Trek Superfly 100 AL Elite full suspension Mountain Bike?
For a full suspension bike like yours you will need a frame adapter in order for the bike to fit on this rack, since the rack requires a straight crossbar. Similar to:
Otherwise, I would suggest a platform style hitch rack like this:
I have a 2003 Land Rover Discovery where...
I have a 2003 Land Rover Discovery where the rear door opens from the left side and swings to the right. Its a big door so will this rack fold down or to side so it wont get in the way when I open the rear door?
That would fold down.
how much does this rack weigh?
how much does this rack weigh?
This rack weights just under 40 lbs.
Makes transport easy!
After years of trying to fit my bike in the back of my car I finally purchased a rack! This has made going for a ride so simple and easy. I have a Subaru Outback and this works great with the hatch back. I have dogs and its nice to be able to have them in the back without having to cram them in with the bike. The only problem is that I have a dog gate to keep them out of the backseat which means they need to be in first and out last before I put the bike on the rack. I have put 4 bikes on the rack and it works just fine! I love this bike rack and definitely ride more often now that I have it!
Can I carry 4 mountain bikes (35 lbs each)...
Can I carry 4 mountain bikes (35 lbs each) on theis rack with a 1.25" Class 1 hitch?
I have a similar Thule Rack. I have done the following: 2 30lb MTB, 1 19lb road bike 1 ~20 lb kid's bike....for 200 miles. I would feel comfortable doing 4 mountain bikes. Only question would be why I would want to ride a 35lb bike (unless it was a DH/AM Rig) but that's another mater ;-) )