Thule Vertex Bike Rack - 2 Bike $249.95
Get to the desert with everything you need to rage all weekend.
Free some space in your trunk for a cooler full of beer and a tent when you secure up to two bikes to the Thule Vertex Bike Hitch Rack. That way you don't have to sleep in the sand with the snakes and scorpions. Easily install this folding rack onto your 2-inch or 1.25-inch hitch and then attach any bike with two wheels to the two improved cradles.
- Taller mast and arched design improves loading-unloading and bumper clearance
- Coated chassis withstands road abuse, folds up for storage, and tilts downward for access to your vehicle's trunk
- Hold Fast Cradles feature soft rubber with grooves to accommodate bike cables and patented reinforced Cradle Straps lock you rig in tight
- Patented No-Sway Cage prevent banging and damage during the last bumpy miles on a dirt road
- Hitch Switch on the top of the rack lets you fold down the arms when not in use as well as fold down the whole rack for trunk access
- Snug-Tite receiver lock and a 6ft braided steel cable (both sold separately) lock your rack to your auto and your bikes to the rack when traveling
What community has to say
I like it
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this to attach to my 2003 Xterra for the purpose of carrying two adult bikes. The rack itself is very solid. Because I have a 2" receiver I had to use the optional sleeve to bring the 1.25" up to 2". I was worried about the rack shaking but once I tightened down the optional receiver locking bolt it was solid, even on pothole filled city streets.
The rubber straps worked well in conjunction with the strap that was provided. I didn't have to use any additional bungees.
I'm really happy with my purchase.
Decent hitch mount
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I got this b/c I was tired of my bike hanging off the tailgate and its a short-bed so it doesn't fit in the back. So far, it's worked pretty well. Two things I have noticed: When I had my mountain bike on there alone on the outermost pads it kept drifting down towards the bumper. Probably need to place something behind the pads to keep them in place. The other is the the hitch-lock bolt worked loose after driving a few hours on the highway and in the city a while. Its got a locknut so I'm not sure why it works loose. I tried another one and cranked down on it and it seems to be pretty stable now. Overall, I like it; had a few kinks to work out. Easy to assemble and pretty low profile on the back-end.
It does fold outward enough to where you can put the tailgate all the way down.
We have two heavy cruisers weighing about...
We have two heavy cruisers weighing about 80lbs together that we need to transport across the country with us. It seems like most bike racks can only handle 2 bikes weighing at most 35lbs each. My bike in particular is 50lbs. Would this rack be able to handle the load, or what rack would you suggest? We have a 2007 Honda Civic. Thanks!
The weight capacity of this rack is 70 lbs max. I might suggest sizing up to the 4 bike carry, they are designed to handle more weight (140 lbs for the Thule Vertex 4).
Ready to ride
Ready to ride
Thule Vertex bike rack on car
Can you fold down the rack (for trunk...
Can you fold down the rack (for trunk access) when loaded with two bikes?
yes you can, it folds down to almost a 45 degree angle and depending on ur car height your bikes might touch the ground but that should not be a problem