Thule Apex Bike Rack - 5 Bike $439.95
The new Thule Apex 5-Bike Rack got a complete makeover this year for improved looks and function. Not only does the Apex look better, but the new design makes it easier to load and unload your bikes and improves ground and bumper clearance.
- Improved Hitch-Switch design allows the bike carrier arms to fold down as well as the entire carrier rack to fold down (when not loaded)
- Thule EasyMount system features a Receiver Lock Knob to quickly engage the rack receiver into the hitch, tighten, and lock it with limited effort and no tools
- Thule Road Dampening Technology (RDT) in the bike frame cradles reduces vibrations
- Soft Touch Anti-Sway Cage features soft thermoplastic (TPE) that gently grips the bike frame to prevent swinging
- Reinforced Cradle Straps are 25% stronger to last longer than in the past
- Arched bike arms disperse weight better and make loading/unloading easier than straight designs
- Integrated handle at the back of the mast makes transport, install/removal easy
- Integrated Locking Cable secures the bikes to the rack
What community has to say
I need a 5 bike rack hitch mount for a...
I need a 5 bike rack hitch mount for a toyota sienna minivan. What is the difference between the Thule Vertex and Apex bike racks - other than $100?
The Apex is basically an upgraded version of the Vertex. The arms can fold down as well as the rack when it isn't loaded, and it's much easier to install. It also has their road dampening technology which reduces the shake and vibrations that the bikes feel while you're driving. It also has a lock system built into the rack that the Vertex does not.