Thule Apex Bike Rack - 4 Bike $399.95
Looks and personality.
The Thule Apex Bike Rack features an improved design that not only looks better with your car's design but allows faster loading and unloading and increased clearance from the ground and bumper.
- Improved Hitch-Switch design allows the bike carrier arms to fold down as well as the entire carrier rack to fold down (when not loaded)
- Thule EasyMount system features a Receiver Lock Knob to quickly engage the rack receiver into the hitch, tighten, and lock it with limited effort and no tools
- Thule Road Dampening Technology (RDT) in the bike frame cradles reduces vibrations
- Soft Touch Anti-Sway Cage features soft thermoplastic (TPE) that gently grips the bike frame to prevent swinging
- Reinforced Cradle Straps are 25% stronger to last longer than in the past
- Arched bike arms disperse weight better and make loading/unloading easier than straight designs
- Integrated handle at the back of the mast makes transport, install/removal easy
- Integrated Locking Cable secures the bikes to the rack
Reviews & Community
i need longer straps the ones that come...
i need longer straps the ones that come with the bike rack are not long enough
Does any one know were I can get longer ones?
Anyone know if you can put kids bikes (12"...
Anyone know if you can put kids bikes (12" and 14" wheels) on the rack given the large rubber pads on the bars?
-update - The rack should work with 24" bikes, but anything smaller will not work. My wife's 16" hard tail was difficult to fit on the rack as well. Ended up going with a Swagman 2+2 and it holds 2 12", 1 20" and one 26" adult bike with ease. Very versatile and recommended if you have multiple kids with tiny bikes, and don't want the bother of removing the front wheels to use a fork-down style rack.
Good secure bike rack
I really like this bike rack. You can put it and take it out of you car with no tools at all (convenient as my truck will not fit in the garage with it attached). It fits pretty tight to the hitch with the 2 inch adapter with no moving at all. I only used 2 bikes, but it seems a bit tight to fit 4. I only bought a couple of bungees (4$ each) to secure wheels and pedals during the trip and everything else is included (even locks!).
Will this work on a rav4 with a 2" uhaul...
Will this work on a rav4 with a 2" uhaul receiver to clear spare tire?
I'm pretty sure you would need an extension for your hitch. Check this out. http://www.etrailer.com/question-28765.html