Out of Stock
Item # SWF0030
2012 This model is no longer in stock.
Don't worry though, we have a lot more Bike Socks in stock than that.
Swiftwick Pursuit Four Socks $0.00
How often have you heard someone extol the benefits of wool garments? They talk of wearing a jersey multiple days between washing. Gross right? Well, we ahem... we know a guy who got a pair of these Pursuit Socks at Interbike and wore them for the last day of the show and on through the weekend. And when we say that wool absorbs less stink than most synthetic fibers, it's true. These Pursuit Four Merino Wool Socks rely on the remarkable performance of natural merino wool to make them perhaps our favorite Swiftwick socks. And that's saying something.
Swiftwick makes the Pursuit Merino Socks on a 200-needle knitting machine. The benefit is that you'll get a high density, seamless sock. The process allows variability in the finished knit of the socks, as different parts meet different performance requirements. For example, the cushioned footbed gives way to the thinner, channeled upper -- both components playing a crucial role to increase your comfort.
When you slip into a pair of Pursuit Socks, you'll immediately feel that they're tailored for your feet. The Y-shaped heel contour assures no bunching or overstretched feeling in the back, and the front and back of the ankle have a half-density weave that allows foot flexion and extension without bunching or tugging along the cuff of your shoe. Compared to the Aspire socks, these Merino wool socks are thicker, but just so. You won't have a problem letting out the closures on your normal shoes a bit to accommodate the extra insulation. Thanks to the wide temperature/comfort range of wool, you can wear them on chilly days when your lightweight summer socks just won't do. If it warms up during the ride, no worries -- wool breathes better than synthetics and its hydrophilic nature will ensure that your feet stay dry and comfortable.
The "four" in the name refers to the four inch cuff height. This height makes them feel great in inclement weather when a bit more coverage may keep grit and dirt from falling down into your socks as it gets thrown up from the front wheel. In addition, the taller cuff height, along with the multiple knitting patterns in the footbed and cuff, adds to the compression nature of the socks to promote blood flow in the feet and lower legs. And as you might guess, improved vascular performance means reduced fatigue and speedier recovery.
The Swiftwick Pursuit Four Merino Wool Socks are available in Black, Coal, and Heather Grey. They come in four sizes from Small to X-Large.
- 23.5-gauge Australian merino wool breathes, wicks moisture,drys quickly, and resists odors
- Hidden toe seam prevents rubbing and blistering during long walks or runs
- Merino toe and heel provide long-lasting durability and breathability
- Arch band hugs your foot's natural shape to keep it in place and feeling right in your shoe
- Y-Heel contour anchors the heel and moves with your foot, not with your shoe's collar
- Lightweight top of foot encourages ample breathability and isn't bulky
- Cushioned sole reduces impact during trail runs or hikes
- Compression double-layered cuff doesn't move no matter how you exercise
- Mid-calf height features a four-inch cuff and prevents rubbing from the collar of your shoe
|Sock Size||US Men||US Women||EU|
- How to Measure:
- Use your shoe size to select the correct sock size.