Swiftwick Aspire Seven Socks $17.00
With a seven inch cuff, these Swiftwick Aspire Seven Socks reach well into tall sock territory. Whatever your reasons -- aesthetics, compression benefit, warmth, protection -- they're a great length, reaching just under the calf.
The Aspire Socks are created by a 200-needle machine process that yields a high density, seamless knit fabric. The process allows variability in the finished knit of the socks, as different parts meet different performance requirements. For example, the cushioned footbed gives way to the thin channeled upper -- both components playing a crucial role to increase your comfort. When you slip into a pair of Aspire Socks, you'll immediately feel that they're tailored for your feet. The arch band offers snug support in the midfoot, and the Y-shaped heel contour assures no bunching or overstretched feeling in the back.
The dense nature of the material all but guarantees durability when combined with the abrasion resistant properties of Olefin, one of the prime components of the foot of the sock. Olefin is a lightweight polypropylene fiber that Swiftwick sources from US manufacturers. Then the socks are created in Tennessee in Swiftwick's own factory, where they can oversee every step of the process to ensure tight quality control. The Olefin wicks like crazy to keep your feet dry, but removing moisture from your skin is only half the story. Olefin is also hydrophobic and will not absorb water, so the moisture transfer is complete all the way to the outside of the sock. You'll stay dry, comfortable, and blister free since the socks move with your feet and minimize (or eliminate) abrasion against your skin.
Several knitting patterns in the footbed and cuff give the Aspire sock a compression nature which promotes blood flow in the feet, improving flow throughout the lower legs. And as you might guess, improved vascular performance means reduced fatigue and speedier recovery. The Swiftwick Aspire Seven Socks are available in Black, Grey, and White and come in four sizes from Small to X-Large. It's worth noting that the fibers used in Swiftwick socks are colored during their creation. In comparison to socks that are dyed after knitting, this makes Swiftwick socks stronger and more durable.
- Synthetic Olefin fiber dries quickly, breathes, wicks moisture, and resists the growth of odor-causing microbes while also remaining impervious to chemicals and perspiration
- This durable, versatile polymer that won the Nobel Prize in 1996 produces very little waste during manufacturing, and is easily recyclable to reduce environmental impact
- Women-specific design features a narrower foot to match your foot shape (also works with narrow-footed men)
- Seamless prevents rubbing and blistering during long rides or runs
- Olefin toe and heel provide long-lasting durability as well as great breathability
- Nylon and spandex arch hugs your foot's natural shape so it doesn't move as you exercise
- Y-Heel contour anchors the heel and moves with your foot, not with your shoe's collar
- Lightweight top of foot encourages ample breathability and isn't bulky
- Thicker Olefin sole provides extra breathability and a little cushioning to reduce impact
- Compression cuff doesn't move no matter what you do with your summer day
- Ankle height with seven-inch cuff prevents collar rubbing from running, cycling, or golf shoes and deters chain-to-ankle contact
|Sock Size||US Men||US Women||EU|
- How to Measure:
- Use your shoe size to select the correct sock size.
What community has to say
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Very comfy and fit excellent. I like the long profile and they look cool too. They stay tight and cozy the entire ride and through the rest of the day as well.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Since being given a pair of Swiftwick socks as a gift a while back, I will only buy these from now on. Super legit, keep their size after numerous washes, colors don't fade, and may get a whole season out of these. I personally like the longer profile, but the tan line they leave makes your friends laugh :) Makes your shoes that much better - Great socks all around.
After trying these, I refuse to try anything else!
Figured I'd try some Swiftwick socks after all the high praise they get from reviews and the write ups on their websites. I didn't realize the benefit good socks can have on your ride until I purchased these! I'm a tall dude and love the 7" cuff/tall socks. These are extremely comfortable, durable, and do what they are supposed to do: stay in place, provide compression, and not produce any friction. No goofy seams or poor design flaws that you notice while riding. My wife even has a pair and never gets excited about gear, but she really likes her pair of Swiftwick socks and says they are superior to anything she's tried before.