Stay in the Know
Choose the Color/Size you want, enter your email, and we'll contact you when the item is in stock.
Temporarily Out Of Stock
Item # SUN0267
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Suunto Ambit2 S GPS Watch $0.00
A wealth of real-time information for serious endurance athletes.
From tracking and sharing your latest trail run to logging your VO2 max values, the Suunto Ambit2 S GPS Watch supplies a torrent of valuable information to the serious endurance athlete. Full GPS functionality aids in route navigation, graphs changes in altitude, and tracks speed, pace, and distance. Multi-sport versatility allows you to quickly swap between running, cycling, and swimming modes, making the watch ideal for triathlon training. Plus, the watch battery can be recharged via USB and further customized with over 1000 free applications available from Sunnto.
- Glass-fiber-reinforced composite casing with a low-profile aluminum bezel provides trail-worthy durability
- Lithium-Ion battery powers the watch for up to 25 hours and can be recharged via USB
- Full GPS functionality displays current location, logs routes, allows for route planning, and tracks altitude
- 3D compass allows you to navigate remote wilderness and whiteout conditions
- Heart rate capability (chest strap sold separately) graphs heart rate in real time, targets heart rate zones, and sets heart rate limits
- Multisport functionality allows you to set the watch to training, running, cycling, or swimming modes
- Training functions include GPS-based speed, pace, and distance; calories; countdown timer; and EPOC and VO2 max values
- Running functions include lap comparisons and running cadence when combined with a foot POD (POD sold separately)
- Cycling functions include average and maximum bike power and graph power distribution
- Swimming functions track pace, distance, stroke rate, and time
- General watch functions include time, date, alarm, and low-battery indicator
- Adjustable backlight allows you to read the watch after the sun sets
- Water resistant to 50 meters
- Watch can be further customized with over 1000 free Suunto Applications
Reviews & Community
Gear Patrol 100
Gear Patrol 100 product awards are dedicated to honoring the 100 best consumer products released during the calendar year by companies of all sizes and scope, from blue chip automakers to boutique American ski designers. These selections represent the collective expertise of the entire editorial staff, who have scoured every corner of the vast product universe -- from automotive and electronics, to men's style essentials, home goods, spirits and outdoors -- to find the inspiring and the practical, the ground-breaking and the traditional, the priceless and the accessible. In short: products that define or defy their respective categories to better the life of the modern man.
Elevation Outdoor Peak Award
There are plenty of “Gear of the Year” awards out there, so Elevation Outdoors decided to do it a little bit differently. They asked their top contributors—who, we are proud to admit, spend far more time hiking, climbing, biking, skiing, paddling and generally getting out than they do “working”—what was the best gear they used over the past year? What gear can’t they live without? What gear changed their life? And that's how they came to the list of the essential equipment that topped their gear-geek list and should top yours, too.
GearJunkie Top Gear Picks
Best gear we tested in 2013 by GearJunkie staff. Of the hundreds of products GearJunkie staff and team athletes put through the paces these items stood out as some of the best. This gear represents the state of the art in outdoors equipment and gear design today.
Strava, a sports community for athletes all over the world, lets you experience social fitness - connecting and competing with others via mobile and online apps. Strava provides motivation and camaraderie, and helps us prove that we’re out there doing what we love to do.
Connect your Movescount profile to your Strava account to transfer Moves to Strava. Any Move with GPS data can be transferred automatically, or you can choose to transfer Moves individually.
- Join ongoing run and ride challenges to help you reach new goals and get ready for race day.
- Run or ride a segment (specific section of road or trail) and compare your effort against past efforts, as well as other athletes who’ve run or ridden the same segment. See where you rank and start moving up the leader boards.
- Track all your runs, rides and cross-training
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. CONNECT WITH STRAVA
In Movescount settings [http://www.movescount.com/settings#socialmedia] click “Connect with Strava” and log into Strava. If you do not have a Strava account, register first.
2. SELECT WHICH MOVES YOU WANT TO SYNC
You can select to sync all of your Moves with GPS track, only rides or only runs with Strava. You also have an option to turn syncing off.
NOTE: Strava will accept only Moves with GPS track, so no indoor training there.
Now you are connected! After the next Movescount sync, your new Moves will be automatically transferred to Strava. To change your Strava connection settings, go to Movescount settings[http://www.movescount.com/settings#socialmedia].
Good bang for your buck
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
already had a GPS watch (Garmin Forerunner 210) that I used for running, and got this for the ability to see current Lat/Lon coordinates (for finding trailheads), navigation, and ability to see altitude. So far it's met and exceeded all of those! I've used it backcountry skiing once, mountain biking once, and running a handful of times.
What I like:
*customizable displays for my sports
*really fast GPS lock (5-10s usually vs. 3-5 min on my Garmin)
*ability to set white on black display
*no fuss sync & updates
*Movescount website has nice display of my data, including map & graphs, plus a nice interface for customizing watch
What's not awesome:
*battery life is only about 8hrs with detailed GPS running
*watch itself is pretty big (face + GPS nub)
*watch menu system has a bit of a learning curve, but works well once you figure it out.
Overall, I'm very pleased with it so far, and will be getting rid of my old Garmin!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I have been using the watch for 2 months. It got like 4 updates from suunto, improving how the data is showed.
I thought it would be bigger and useful only for sports, but Im using every day for work.
The ANT+ works great with the powermeter and the garmin heart rate strap.
The only thing that coulb be improved is the battery life (with all the ant accesories, it will turn off in 5-6 hours).
I Just ordered this and it showed up damaged...
I Just ordered this and it showed up damaged and missing two screws on the side. I have returned it via your UPS method. Question is do I have to re-order or will you send me a replacement?
I apologize for the inconvenience. If we have the same watch in stock that you ordered, we will absolutely replace it. Please call or chat in so that one of our representatives can refund your return shipping and get you set up with a replacement.