Sun Bum Pro SPF 30 Lotion $17.95
- Easy pop-top and squirt nozzle for quick application
- Comes in a 1.5 or 3-ounce bottle to match the length of your sunny trip
- SPF 30+ Advanced Broad Spectrum power blocks direct UVA & UVB rays to prevent sunburned skin
- Water- and sweat-resistant lotion lasts for up to 80 minutes in the water
- Hypoallergenic lotion (PABA-free, paraben-free, and oxybenzone-free formula) won't react with sensitive skin while vitamin E helps to keep your face and body healthy
What community has to say
Effective, sure. Safe, NO.
Read your labels people!
Sun Bum does not disclose their full ingredient list; HOWEVER, of their 4 active ingredients (Oxtinoxate, Zinc Oxide, Oxtisalate, and Octocrylene), 2 of them are extremely harmful. Oxtinoxate is one of the top ingredients to AVOID due to its major role in hormone disruption and AGING effects. Its also harmful to animals. Oxtocrylene is both toxic to the environment AND causes cell mutations as it absorbs into your body and accumulates.
Its a GRAS. Generally Regarded As Safe.
Does it work, absolutely. Long Term...wanna find out?
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Awesome for sensitive skin, no harsh chemicals, no scent and rubs in great! My only complaint is it is not as waterproof as the Sun Bum Sunscreen Lotion and it doesn't smell near as happy!
All weekend in southern Utah and not a single bit of red. Very happy with this stuff!
Sun Safe Sallies
I used this all weekend at the beach and didn't get burned...Winning.
It rubs in really easily, which is what I enjoyed most. It has virtually no smell, which I actually didn't like, I love a more tropical scent-sation when applying sunscreen. But those who hate odoriferous screens will just love this.
The reason this screen is better than others is that it contains no harsh chemicals, it's really great for those with sensitive skin. The 3 oz size was pretty small, I don't think it will last me too long, but it was small enough to carry-on the airplane, so there's that. I would skip the 1.5 oz size all together, unless you just need sunscreen for a short trip, that thing is TINY!