SRAM PC 1091R HollowPin Chain $83.95
The new gold standard.
SRAM used everything it knew about chain technology to design the PC 1091R Hollow Pin Chain.
- Hollow Pin technology reduces weight without compromising chain strength
- PowerLock allows tool-free chain connection (one-time-use only)
- More heavily chamfered plates for smoother shifting and a quieter ride
- New inner plate finish and chrome-hardened pin construction for increased chain life
Reviews & Community
Still going strong
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I put this on my Giant Reign X1 in 2011 and it's still going strong! I have derailed the chain, bashed the chain on logs and rocks and put well over 800 miles on this chain alone.
Let me say, I have NEVER had to do any adjustments on this. It worked from day 1 and still works. It has never broken or needed anything. Least amount of maintenance of any chain I've owned.
Keep her clean and lubed and she too will be good to you.
Can I use a regular chain tool for hollow...
Can I use a regular chain tool for hollow pin chains?
Never needed it with this chain....she's as solid as German Woman named Helga who spends way too much time at the gym.
BUT, having this chain I don't see why not, the pins are just hollow.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Just put this chain on to do a complete drivetrain overhaul and the chain is great. Only issue the quick connect is impossible to set the first several times by hand. Thank goodness I have chain pliers for disconnecting quick connects that has the function to also set it! The chain so far has performed as expected. Overall a chain is a chain but got this baby on sale so tried it. You will not be disappointed. Mine runs on a Orbea Orca with a SRAM Force drivetrain.
Nice chain to match your Red drivetrain.