Speedplay Speedplay Light Action Cromoly Pedals $185.00
The Speedplay Light Action Pedal System is designed for the seasoned cyclist or for the first time clipless user. It features an advanced hybrid-pedal technology that combines the most user-friendly characteristics found in Speedplay's popular X and Zero road pedals. At a mere 210 grams per pair, Speedplay Light Action pedals blend the legendary ease-of-entry and non-centering free-float of Speedplay's X Pedal System together with the robust spring design and enhanced durability of Speedplay's Zero Pedal System. Named "Light Action" after its unique low-force, high-security latch mechanism, the new Speedplay Light Action Pedal System provides the easiest and most intuitive entry and release functions ever offered by Speedplay.
While Speedplay's primary design goal was to create the most user-friendly clipless pedal system ever, Light Action pedals continue to provide the same cutting-edge performance benefits that have made Speedplay pedals legendary, including:
- Dual-sided pedal allows instant "no-looking-down" entry. No flipping needed to engage.
- Self-locating cleat guides the entry motion and eliminates fumbling to find the pedal.
- True-locking engagement mechanism provides security and prevents inadvertent release.
- 15 degrees of non-centering free-float reduces stress on the knees.
- Large, stable cleat platform for optimal power transmission and all-day comfort.
- Extremely light weight pedals and cleats improve riding efficiency. Pedals weigh a mere 210 grams per pair.
- Thin pedal body provides the lowest stack height and best cornering clearance available.
- Simple cleat mounting and adjustment makes set-up easy.
- Precision cartridge and needle bearings for reduced friction and longer life.
- Built-in grease-port for fast and easy bearing maintenance.
- Choice of four great pedal color choices: Black, Blue, Pink and Red.
Please Note: Speedplay recommends these Light Action Pedals for recreational road use only. The reality is that the spring tension is too light for racing or competitive purposes under hard efforts.
Please Note: Due to manufacturer restrictions, we are unable to ship Speedplay products outside the United States.
What community has to say
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
I gave this as a gift and have information to report:
"Awesome pedals! Love the colors. They are very hard to clip in the first time but after you get it in the first time, wiggle it around to loosen the spring and it is very easy after that first initial clip. They are my first clipless pedals and takes some time to getting used to but well worth it for long rides."
A great solution for particular fits
Although I do not ride Speedplay pedals, I've worked extensively with them during my time in a shop. Because of the range of adjustability on Speedplay zeroes and the variety of aftermarket adapters, Speedplay zeroes are a bike fitter's go-to for tough fits. The pedals come with all of the necessary hardware to go on both a Speedplay specific shoe an a 3 bolt Look/Shimano style shoe. Some brands offer their own adapters with a lower stack, but the provided hardware should make it possible to run on any road shoe (not 2 bolt style MTB). This pedal offers the same adjustability and functionality as the Ti and Stainless versions at a slightly higher weight and substantially lower price. I'm a fan.
*these do come with cleats