Speedplay Light Action Titanium Pedals $330.00
Named "Light Action" after its unique low-force, high-security latch mechanism, the Speedplay Light Action Pedal System provides the easiest and most intuitive entry and release functions ever offered by Speedplay. Its design makes sense for both the seasoned cyclist and for the first time clipless user. It features an advanced hybrid-pedal technology that combines the most user-friendly characteristics found in Speedplay's popular X and Zero road pedals. Thanks to their Titanium spindles, these tip the scales at a feathery 164g per pair. Speedplay Light Action pedals blend the legendary ease-of-entry and luxurious non-centering free-float of Speedplay's X Pedal System together with the robust spring design and enhanced durability of Speedplay's Zero Pedal System.
While Speedplay's primary design goal was to create the most user-friendly clipless pedal system ever, Light Action pedals continue to provide the same cutting-edge performance benefits that have made Speedplay pedals legendary, including:
- Dual-sided pedal allows instant "no-looking-down" entry. No flipping needed to engage.
- Self-locating cleat guides the entry motion and eliminates fumbling to find the pedal.
- True-locking engagement mechanism provides security and prevents inadvertent release.
- 15 degrees of non-centering free-float reduces stress on the knees.
- Large, stable cleat platform for optimal power transmission and all-day comfort.
- Extremely light weight pedals and cleats improve riding efficiency. Pedals weigh a mere 220 grams per pair.
- Thin pedal body provides the lowest stack height and best cornering clearance available.
- Simple cleat mounting and adjustment makes set-up easy.
- Precision cartridge and needle bearings for reduced friction and longer life.
- Built-in grease-port for fast and easy bearing maintenance.
- Choice of five great pedal color choices: Black, Blue, Pink, and Red.
Please note that due to their Ti spindles, Speedplay recommends use of the Light Action Titanium pedals for riders 185lbs and lighter.
Please Note: Due to manufacturer restrictions, we are unable to ship Speedplay products outside the United States.
What community has to say
You will need other accessories!
Ok I was really excited to upgrade to Speedplay Road Pedals due to their light weight and the ability to adjust up to 15 degrees of float. So I called and ordered them directly from the customer service rep. Well she didn't tell me all the other things I would need to go along with these pedals. Go to the Speedplay website and watch the installation and maintenance videos to learn what this all entails. http://www.speedplay.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cg.ultimatefit
Here is the list of things you will want to buy with your pedals:
- SP Lubricant http://www.competitivecyclist.com/speedplay-sp-lube
- Speedplay Grease Gun and Grease: http://www.competitivecyclist.com/speedplay-speedplay-grease-gun
- Speedplay Coffee Shop Covers: You should get these shoe covers in order to protect the speedplay plate mechanism from dirt and grime. http://www.competitivecyclist.com/speedplay-speedplay-coffee-shop-cap
** Lastly you will need a torgue screw driver when installing the speedplay plates to your shoes. The torque pressure for applying the plate is 35 inch pounds. Over tightening the screws can damage the plates. Attaching the assembly to the base plate also requires the screws be tightened to no more than 20 inch pounds. If you over tighten these screws it can bind the cleat springs and prevent them from properly working. So I did a little homework for you and for $104 you can get a torque screw driver from Pro Torque Tools with TORQUE RANGE from: 0-50 in. lbs.: http://www.protorquetools.com/prod-18-1-1008/seekonk_sl-50_left_vertical_torque_gauge_screwdriver_0-50_in_lbs.htm
Note: make sure if the road shoe you are using offers a speedplay plate be sure to buy it. The last thing you want is to find out the plates that came in the speedplay package are not exactly compatible with your shoe brand.