Temporarily Out Of Stock
Item # SHO0012
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.View similar products
Showers Pass Storm Pant - Men's $0.00
Let it storm.
Layer up against cold, wet weather with the Showers Pass Men's Storm Pant. Keep it tucked into your pack or messenger, and you'll always be prepared against unexpected (or expected) showers.
- Fully taped seams and water-resistant material keep you dry
- Elastic waist with drawstring and cord lock gives you a comfortable fit
- Angled hook-and-loop hem straps keep pant legs away from chain and crank
- Zippered back pocket secures small items
- Reflective trim adds visibility in low light
- Stuff sack included
- Water-resistant material with fully taped seams
- Elastic waist with drawstring and cord lock
- Angled hook-and-loop straps
- Zippered back pocket
- Reflective trim
- Mesh stuff sack included
View more Men's Rain Pants
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
Reviews & Community
Good bang for the buck
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
I live in Portland, OR and commute year round by bike. My commute is about 20 minutes and these pants do the trick. Easy on and off with minimal features.
They aren't super breathable and I wish they were a tad longer but overall they are a great deal. It's hard to stay totally dry riding in the rain, but these work great.
Storm pants are water resistant or water...
Storm pants are water resistant or water proof? In my experience, water "resistance" doesn't keep you dry in a storm.
I think that might be a mistype on backcountry.com's part, on the Showers Pass website they say they are made with "waterproof construction"... you might want to investigate for your self though if it's very important to you that they be waterproof. Below is a link to the Showers Pass website:
If you want a truly 100% waterproof pant you probably want to look at pieces made from Gore-tex or eVent materials... yes they are expensive, but that is the stuff that will keep your dry for hours of slogging through wet weather.
Gore's ALP-X GT rain pants are excellent for rain protection. Keep in mind, most 'rain-gear' are usually shells only; not providing warmth (there are some exceptions). Look for 'seam-sealed' in the items description, as well. These pants here are best worn over a base layer.
When looking at item descriptions: water resistant is just that...NOT water proof.
Hope this Helps!