Out of Stock
Item # SLA0011
2011 This model is no longer in stock.
Don't worry though, we have a lot more Hardtail Frames in stock than that.
Salsa Mukluk Fatbike $0.00
If you see a video camera –pause, turn right, and then continue on your way.
Fatbikes are part of a mythical group of woodland creatures –you see tracks, and you may even spot one going around a corner, but you rarely see one for long enough to be sure what it is, let alone take pictures to send to the local news. Salsa weren’t content with letting Bigfoot have all the fun, so they’ve unleashed the mighty Mukluk –a snowbike whose use isn’t limited to the four months each year when the ground is actually covered in snow. When summer rolls around –and it will, if you ride enough –swap the Mukluk’s super-fat 26-inch rims for standard 29-inchers and continue your forest fun. If that kind of tinkering isn't your style, run it fat all year-round —the Surly Larry tires roll just as smooth on rock and sand.
- Massive 170-millimeter rear spacing, 135-millimeter front spacing, and a 100-millimeter bottom bracket spindle optimize the Mukluk for super floaty winter travel
- Dual Rear Spacing allows you to run the 170-millimeter standard rear hub, or build a 17.5-millimeter offset rear wheel with 135-millimeter spacing
- Salsa Enabler has fork-leg water bottle bosses, double eyelets for rack and fender mounting, and mid-blade eyelets for lowrider-style racks
- SRAM X.7 Twist shifters are ideal for use with winter gloves
- Low standover height makes on-snow dismounts a little less perilous
- Avid BB7 brakes offer disc brake stopping power with cable reliability, and no risk of hydraulic freezes
- Moon Shadow Blue Color helps you camouflage yourself from paranormal detectives
What community has to say
Switch to inches X-Small Small Medium Large X-Large
A.Seat Tube Length 330.2 mm 381 mm 431.8 mm 482.6 mm 533.4 mm
B.Top Tube Effective 565 mm 580 mm 600 mm 620 mm 635 mm
C.Head Tube Angle 69.5° 69.5° 70° 70° 70°
D.Seat Tube Angle 73.5° 73° 73° 73° 73°
E.BB Drop 63 mm 63 mm 63 mm 63 mm 63 mm
F.Chainstay Length 455 mm 455 mm 455 mm 455 mm 455 mm
G.Head Tube Length 110 mm 120 mm 140 mm 160 mm 170 mm
H.Fork Length 468 mm 468 mm 468 mm 468 mm 468 mm
J.Fork Offset 45 mm 45 mm 45 mm 45 mm 45 mm
K.Wheel Base 1086.6 mm 1102.3 mm 1112.2 mm 1133.3 mm 1148.9 mm
M.Stack 598.8 mm 608.1 mm 629.1 mm 647.9 mm 657.3 mm
N.Reach 387.6 mm 399.9 mm 407.7 mm 421.9 mm 434.0 mm
P.Stand Over 667.4 mm 709.8 mm 747.8 mm 788.9 mm 827.2 mm
Salsa Enabler fork is included (468mm axle to crown)
Standover (P) is measured vertically to top of toptube from a position 50mm forward of BB center
Standover based on a 26 x 4.0" tire measuring 740mm in diameter
Free shipping is not available
Shipping is $99, not free, unless you sleep on a loading dock.
Fat Biking Alaskan Glaciers
Snowbike Pump Track
FatBike In sand
Opinion of the Bike as yet unridden
This seems a very good price. Ive seen folks compare the build to the fatback Al frame bikes which tend to be $1k more. If the thing rides halfway decent it should be a very good deal.
I would love to get out on the sand this summer...
Any idea how long this build will last in...
Any idea how long this build will last in sand? I guess I will have to clean the chain often and wash off the sand/salt probably each ride.
it works in the sand. there is a video riding in the sand now on this page
Salsa Talks Hub Winterizing
Salsa Cycles talks about winterizing the rear hub.