Out of Stock
Item # REY0076
Don't worry though, we have a lot more Tubular Wheels in stock than that.
Reynolds RZR 92 Wheelset - Tubular $0.00
The Reynold's RZR 92 Tubular Wheelset is the Utah-based company's flagship wheel for 2012—and flagship is somewhat of an understatement. The RZR 92 is specifically designed for time trials, and, contrary to most TT wheelsets, Reynolds doesn't use a disc in the rear. Instead, Reynolds engineers went back to the wind tunnel where they applied computational techniques used by the U.S. Army to develop, optimize, and validate airflow for unmanned drones and guided missiles. In other words, Reynolds used cutting-edge military technology to design the RZR, and did so with impressive results.
- TGC brake track for extended rim life
- Tire bed is 70% larger and 30% deeper than traditional tubular profile for a seamless tire-to-rim airflow continuity
- Full carbon-composite spokes virtually eliminate drag
- Rim accommodates 19 - 22mm tires with no increase in drag as tire size increases
- Reynolds engineers added an additional channel running around the rim on the centerline of the tire mounting surface to create additional clearance for stitching and cloth tape covering, promoting optimal contact between the tire and the rim, eliminating 'waddle' that happens when bottoming out on the rim
- UCI approved