Damon Salterwrote a review of Fi'zi:k Performance Bar Tape on November 25, 2014
Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I am a tape snob. I have removed several brands of tape after a day or two use as there is so much junk out there. No longer will I waste my time. The Performance tape is all I will consider using. Specifically the tacky black tape is my go to.
Why I love it.
1. Stretches evenly and installs nice.
2. Has the perfect amount of grip and is secure to use without gloves even with sweaty hands.
3. Lasts for a full year of heavy use. Years of moderate use. To bad it outlasts my cables or I wouldn't ever have to change it.
4. Perfect amount of padding for comfort. If you are a minimalist use the super-light tape.
5. Looks timeless with the black on black combination.