Pearl Izumi Sun Sleeve $29.95
A sleeve that keeps your arm cool and free from dangerous sunburn.
When we were kids we relished getting the darkest, starkest-looking tan line on our arms; it made us feel that much closer to our pro idols and set us apart from our football - or soccer-playing mates. Now, with our adult knowledge of the damage the sun's rays can do to our skin, we recognize the need for some sorts of protection. The Pearl Izumi Sun Sleeves not only offer UPF 40-rated protection, but they actually keep us cooler in the hot sun than we would be riding with bare arms.
That's because they are made from the Elite Transfer fabric with In-R-Cool technology, which work together to manage moisture as you perspire and provide optimal skin cooling. The In-R-Cool technology used here is the very same used in Pearl Izumi's most advanced jerseys and works to wick rapidly and keep the surface temperature of the fabric down by reflecting the sun's UV rays. Add to this the sun protection that the Sun Sleeves provide, and you will be able to ride all day without having to worry about overheating or caring for sunburned arms in the evening.
Designed to fit like a second skin, the stretchy Sun Sleevesinclude the Direct-Vent mesh on the underside of the arms to help with ventilation, something you will be very happy about on a hot day around 3 o'clock. And if you happen to be out riding as the sun is setting, Pearl Izumi has added reflective elements to help keep you safe.
The Pearl Izumi Sun Sleeves come in White and are available in sizes Small, Medium and Large.
- Hydrophilic Elite Transfer fabric breathes, dries quickly, and wicks moisture efficiently to cool your skin through evaporation
- In-R-Cool technology reflects the sun's rays to lower surface temperatures on the fabric and offer UPF 40+ protection during long rides under clear skies
- Mesh on the inner arm dumps excess heat and moisture quickly as you ride
- Reflective details enhance your visibility to drivers during early morning or evening rides
- Black colorway (depending on inventory) more effectively reflects UV radiation to prevent sun burn
- White colorway (depending on inventory) doesn't absorb as much heat to keep you cooler during longer rides
Pearl Izumi - Men's & Women's
- How to Measure:
- Arm Length
- Measure from your wrist to top of bicep.
- Measure around your wrist where a watch would go.
- Upper Arm
- Measure around the fullest part of your arm.
What community has to say
heard about these so decided to try some as the price is reasonable. Wow. An odd sensation at first as it feels almost like they are cooling your arms more than being bare. But they work well and there's no more fumbling with sunscreen and becoming human fly paper on long rides. I have several pairs.
Slight preference for the black as the whites get very grimy quickly. And if you are super hot, you can wet them with water and it helps a great deal.
Combined with a castelli mesh based I can go out in 10 degrees more heat than before.
These really keep you cool on a hot day!
Does the white version have UPF 40 as well...
Does the white version have UPF 40 as well as the black version? I've found differing information.
from the Pearl Izumi site:
Black colorway features ELITE Transfer fabric with InRCool® technology to provide optimal cooling and sun protection by reflecting UV rays
White colorway features ELITE Transfer fabric with InRCool® technology to provide optimal skincooling effect and moisture management when you perspire
UPF 40+ Sun Protection on top (both colors)
DirectVent mesh on bottom
Reflective elements for lowlight visibility
Are they for men or women?
Are they for men or women?
They are unisex