Mavic Helium Jacket - Men's $129.95
A jacket to slow down the chill but not your pace.
Mountain rides include long ascents, cool descents, and the constant threat of bad weather. The Mavic Helium Jacket provides an ultralight barrier to protect you from chills and drizzle. Finding a functional mix of breathability and wind protection, the Dura Lite SL fits close to cut drag and its thin fabric features a drizzle-proof coating and micro vents to dump excess heat.
- Tightly woven, ultra-lightweight Dura Lite SL fabric effectively blocks wind and features a DWR coating so that passing drizzle beads away during rides
- Pro-fit hugs your core closely to prevent wind-flapping and to cut through the air while stretch back panels enable comfortable movement
- Micro laser perforations under the arms dump excess heat and sweat to keep you dry and cool
- Ergo Zip is offset so it doesn't irritate your neck or chin while providing additional venting during hot climbs
- Tall collar and drop back provide addition cool-weather coverage to keep you feeling prime for your ride
- Stretch cuffs secure the sleeves during high-speed descents
- One stretch back pocket holds a snack or other fuel for long climbs
|Chest||32.7 - 34.3in
|34.6 - 36.2in
|36.6 - 37.8in
|38.6 - 40.2in|
|40.6 - 42.5in|
|42.9 - 44.9in|
|45.3 - 47.2in|
|Waist||28.0 - 29.5in
|29.9 - 31.5in
|31.9 - 33.1in
|33.5 - 35.4in|
|35.8 - 37.8in|
|38.2 - 40.2in|
|40.6 - 42.5in|
|Hip||33.5 - 35.0in
|35.4 - 37.0in
|37.4 - 38.6in
|39.0 - 40.9in|
|41.3 - 43.3in|
|43.7 - 45.7in|
|46.1 - 48.0in|
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
- Measure from the center of your back to your wrist with arms held out.
Reviews & Community
Light and packable
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Very, very lightweight. No excuses to not bring rain gear. There is no demoralizer than being cold and wet. I pack this in Ziploc bag.
FIT: I'm 5'11", 39"chest - the M fits nicely, w/o any flapping, extra fabric.
Light as helium
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
So light you have no excuse not to take it with you. Me: chest 38, waist 31, 6'2", 160 lbs, M is the perfect fit. Not breathable at all so wear only when caught in rain or going downhill.
This jacket gets kudos for a clever build (but that's expected from Mavic), of a super light weight, stuffable jacket for those cold mornings that turn into hot afternoons and you don;t want a heavy, non stuffable coat to put where when you don't need it?. Those cold, bloody cold, mountain descents at 11,000 feet, turning into hot 6 degree mile after mile ascents. Nice jacket. Not for rain. 6 ft, 180, XL. Made in China.