Out of Stock
Item # MAV0348
Don't worry though, we have a lot more 26" Mountain Bike Wheels - Tubeless in stock than that.
Mavic Crossmax SX - Wheels $0.00
It's easy to build a freeride-specific wheel, but it's not so easy to build one that's light and nimble enough to go uphill as well. Mavic built the Crossmax SX Disc Wheels to handle the biggest drops, debris, and crashes riders could muster, without making it heavy and unresponsive.
The Maxtal rims are part of why the Crossmax SX Disc Wheels are light and reliable. The proprietary Mavic alloy is 30% stiffer than typical 6106 aluminum alloys. They're also slightly wider than traditional mountain rims (21mm on the inside) in order to allow a fuller spread for the tire carcass. This improves trail grip, adds stability to the sidewall, and reduces the chance of pinch flats if you're using tubes. Mavic recommends tires between 2.0-2.5 inches wide.
Mavic ups the ante on performance with its Inter Spoke Milling (ISM) process. ISM removes excess material between the spoke holes, making the rim lighter. After ISM, the rims are shot-peened to increase surface hardness and strength.
A key feature across the entire Mavic Crossmax line of wheels is that they're UST certified for tubeless tires. Nothing can match the tire/rim interface as true UST rims and tires. Mavic also uses Fore drilling in the Crossmax wheelset. In Fore drilling only the inside rim wall is drilled, allowing the outside wall (that is, the tire mounting side) to be completely smooth and free of spoke holes. The outside wall has only the valve stem hole, and it's sealed to perfection with the included UST valve stems.
The Crossmax SX Disc Wheels have 24 straight-pull Zicral aluminum spokes in both wheels. The front wheel is laced in a standard 2-cross pattern. The rear is a bit more complicated. The Isopulse lacing (2-cross on the non-drive and radial on the drive-side) gives more balanced spoke tension and better durability. The flashy white hubs and the axles inside are made of aluminum, and their micro-adjustable design ensures a perfect preload and smooth operation of the QRM+ sealed cartridge bearings. The wheels include the bearing adjustment tool/tire lever.
The ITS-4 freehub body is new to the Crossmax SX Disc Wheels. It's compatible with 8-, 9-, and 10-speed MTB cassettes, and it's more durable than the previous FTS freehub body. It also offers less play (7.5°) between engagement points for quicker and more efficient energy transmission.
The Crossmax SX Disc Wheels come with BX601 quick-releases, UST valve stems and accessories, 15 and 20mm front adapters, rear QR adapters, rear 12 x142mm adapters, a bearing adjustment tool, spoke wrench, and user guide. The front wheel weighs 825 grams, the rear 930 grams (1755 grams total).
- ISM rim milling removes excess material from between spokes for the lightest possible rim without strength compromise
- UST tubeless compatible for lighter weight, better traction, and fewer pinch-flats
- IST-4 freewheel 4 pawls working 2 by 2 for quick engagement
- QRM+ double-sealed bearing system with micro-adjustments, 'free' position for friction-free speed, and high-precision setting for all-weather rides
- FORE technology for greater durability and 20% greater rim stiffness
- Welded and milled SUP rims eliminate shudder when braking and offer superior balance to traditional seams
- Mavic-exclusive Maxtal alloy is stiffer than standard alloys for stiffer, lighter rims
- Mavic’s SRS Spoke Retention System imprisons spoke heads so they can’t pop out, even under hard frontal hits