Out of Stock
Item # INO0041
Don't worry though, we have a lot more Roof Rack Parts & Accessories in stock than that.
Inno Racks Car Side Awning $0.00
Kick back in your camp chair while the Inno Racks Car Side Awning protects you from the blazing sun hovering above your campsite. This compact awning easily packs down to fit in the trunk of your car, and once you're ready to set it up, it attaches quickly and easily to your rack so you can roll it out and stand it up using the provided, adjustable poles. Inno Racks included everything you need for setup so you won't have to run around town looking for tools when you should be relaxing.
- Awning uses Inno Racks roof rack as anchor point at the car and mounts to the carrier / cross-bar
- Shade fabric has a water-resistant coating in order to repel light precipitation
- Side shades attach to the main overhead shade by hook-and-loop fasteners and these shades allow you to block sun from the sides
- Length-adjustable poles, ropes, and pegs help you secure the and setup of this shade to keep it where you need it the most
- Package includes awning, poles, hammer, pegs, ropes, knob-nuts, plates, short bolts, and long bolts
Reviews & Community
INNO Awning on VW
Inno Racks Car Side Awning Video
Inno Awning additional pic
Light-weight carry-on shelter
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Inno, one of the top car rack producers, has come up with a reasonable solution for a carry-on awning applicable to any car with a roof-rack. The storage box is easy to mount with 2 screws onto each roof-rack bar (In my case it sits on Yakima Whisp bar), though the screws can get close to the car roof and scratches can occur easily if not handled with care.
The awning is unfolded in seconds and installed in a few minutes, though it is helpful to have a second pair of hands. The two poles are height-adjustable and fixation can be done using either 1 rope on each pole at 45 degree angle or 2 ropes at a 90 degree angle (see pics). The main green-colored awning has to side sheets, colored in sandgray, which for storage are taped to the roof with velcro and can be roped down on each side to provide additional shelter. The covered area is with 2.8x2.5 meters quite spacious providing either shade against the sun or protection against rain and/or wind. Rolling the awning back up requires a little bit of training and patience. Pulling it out 1 feet, before letting it retract in is helpful as well as avoiding fast movements.
It has been proven itself as useful and I will continue this great camping accessoir.