GU Roctane Energy Drink - 12 Serving Canister $29.95
Whether you're training for a marathon, touring cross country on your bike, or about to take on an intense workout, reach for the GU Roctane Energy Drink as a way to stay on top of your game. This twelve-serving canister mixes easily and tastes surprisingly light and refreshing while you're pushing your limits.
- Ideal for those who need calories during long or intense workouts
- All three flavors mix easily and have a surprisingly light, refreshing taste
- Exact Roctane intake depends on the intensity of your pursuit and your body weight and fitness level: the fitter your are and the more you are used to consuming carbs during exercise the more Roctane you can consume each hour, up to 340 calories every 60 minutes
- Caffeine (in all except grape flavor) increases mental acuity, increases performance, and decreases perceived effort, all of which tend to go south during prolonged activity
- Taurine combats heart and skeletal muscle fatigue
- Beta-Alanine and Histidine help buffer acid caused by going over lactate threshold
- Amino acids help prevent muscle damage and aid with muscle recovery
What community has to say
I notice a difference
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I use this for mountain biking, and it works better than any other drink I've used, especially when I'm doing longer rides and tougher, sustained climbs. I pair it with the GU Roctane gels as my fuel of choice.
Expensive, but worth every penny. Compared to what I spend on gear and components, and even gas, it's a completely reasonable expense.
Taste is fine, I guess. Who cares? it's not a meal, it's an energy drink. I prefer the caffeinated models (Lemon-Lime & Tropical Punch), but I rotate them out so I have the option of going decaf (Grape), and so I don't get burned out any one flavor.
The Tropical Punch and the Grape are both better than the Lemon-Lime in my opinion. It has a sort of artificial taste to it that's not the best, but again, I need variety sometimes. It helps if it's cold, so I run it in a Camelbak Podium Chill bottle preloaded with ice, even in the winter (I'm in So Cal, so hey...). The ice melts during the ride and keeps things pretty cold. I just shake it before taking a drink, and it keeps it well mixed and chilled.