Giordana FormaRed Carbon Short Sleeve Women's Jersey $174.95
Finally, a high-performance jersey that actually does what it says it does.
We've found that a serious cyclist is just that, regardless of gender. And every serious rider deserves top-end apparel. The Giordana Forma Red Carbon Women's Short Sleeve Jersey is built to be at least as good as the men's stuff -- just cut to fit ladies. And of course, there's no sacrificing of pocket space!
Like the men's version, it's cut to fit your body like a second skin in order to reduce creasing and puckering. After all it is part of the Body Clone line. The front and back center panels are made from super light Asteria fabric. It's Giordana's top-of-the-line fabric that is light, soft against your skin, and wicks sweat like crazy to keep you dry and comfortable. Its omni-directional stretch allows the FormaRed Carbon Jersey to move with your body, but never gets over-stretched, even after long-term wear.
Carbon threads have also been woven into the fabric in the two rear side panels where it limits the vertical stretch and stabilizes the pockets to prevent sag when they're loaded. The carbon is naturally antibacterial ...Giordana's finest women's jersey and cut to fit like a second skin... and inhibits the development of odor causing bacteria, which is a great thing. The carbon fibers also accelerate the evaporation of moisture, thereby keeping the skin dry and cool, and micro-mesh inserts underneath the arms help to give you maximum breathability.
At the cuffs, the Ametista fabric is backed with Antigua material to hold the jersey in place. The front has a full CamLock zipper, and it has a garage at the very top to safeguard your neck from irritation. A CamLock zippered fourth back pocket gives you a safe place to store your keys or credit cards. Finally, here is a woman's-specific jersey that recognizes you can't bring your purse on a three hour ride. Tastefully branded silicone grippers at the back of the jersey hold it all in place so that there is no slippage of the jersey. Reflective elements have also been added at the front and back of the jersey to keep you visible when your ride on low light conditions.
In support of the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Giordana offers this jersey in a color option with pink accents. A portion of the proceeds from each sale will go to help the fight against cancer. The Giordana FormaRed Carbon Women's Short Sleeve Jersey is available in X-Small through X-Large and it comes in Black/white/pink and White/black/red.
- Shaped panels eliminate bunching by ergonomically following the body's contours
- Ultralight, moisture-wicking, and super-soft Asteria fabric allows omnidirectional stretch for optimal fit
- Host Carbon fabric, used in the large front and rear panels, limits sagging when the pocket loaded
- Host Carbon fabric also help slow the onset of muscle fatigue as well as repel electronic interference from power lines and cell phone towers that can hinder your bike's performance
- Aerofix Gripper System (Ametista fabric backed with Antigua) holds the jersey in place with a seamless feel
- Underarm micro-mesh insert, perforated Aerostat fabric, and CamLock full-zip allow maximum breathability
- Back logo branded elastic with silicone gripper beads prevents the jersey from riding-up
- Reflective front and back elements add visibility
- Zippered back pockets and multiple rear pockets provide plenty of room for you to stash your energy bars or goo
Note: Giordana cycling apparel has a tight fit, do not expect a baggy or roomy fit.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
What community has to say
Not So Great
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I, too, have this jersey and experienced the same weird pucker at the zipper.
Where the zipper meets the neckline the collar sags instead of
keeping a nice clean line. It is a good material, and wicks well, but it
just doesn't look as snappy as it should. For the price, this jersey should fit
much better than it does.
At Long Last...
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I've been waiting on this jersey & the matching shorts for some time now. Particularly the blk/pink 'breast cancer awareness' version, as I have lost both Grandmothers to it, my mother to pancreatic cancer, one aunt to ovarian cancer, another to breast cancer, a cousin to leukemia, and sadly other distant relatives (and all live in various parts of the country). Lost a lady friend to cancer, and she had previously lost her 3 year old son to leukemia! Even one of my team members at work has ovarian cancer, and of all things, her cat! In fact, you hear of more & more animals being diagnosed with cancer (and they don't smoke)! You get the picture. A horrible disease that desperately needs a cure.
So, back to the jersey:
I so want to love it, but:
The front zipper has a peculiar puckering, in/out/in and so on all the way down the front. I tried pulling it taunt, and in the 'riding' position, but no change. Just puckering all the way down the zipper, very pronounced & obvious. Got this in my reg. Giordana size, couldn't fit in a smaller size, unfortunately.
Right now, I'm looking at 4 of my favorite jerseys (after I put them on to compare, again), hanging side x side...and you can definitely see the puckering of the new one, exaggerated because of the pink line against a black background.
It seems made very well, and I don't see any other flaws. Very sharp-looking, aside from this flaw. My Assos Ellisse (in Adua) is perfect; the older FR-C jersey (the purple/white sagg.) is also perfect. Even my Gore is straight as an arrow (the zipper line, that is).
Disappointed. Would order another. Might be just this particular jersey; or something to do with the pink/black style only. I'll probably give it another try, depending on if any other ladies have any issues with this particular version of this jersey, or not...
Still love Giordana!