Geax Sturdy Tire - 29in $63.95
Big, knobby, and sturdy.
As twenty-niners are slowly, but surely, being accepted by freeride/enduro fanboys, Geax continues to lead the fatty movement with category-stretching rubber like the Geax Sturdy 29in Tire. Large, well-spaced, square knobs and a soft compound offer excellent mud-shedding and tenacious traction when you're monster-trucking trough highly technical, slick terrain.
- Tubeless Talon bead fits both UST and standard clincher rims; requires a tube on standard rims, sealant on UST
- TNT AM casing features 60tpi with added sidewall reinforcement to prevent cuts from rocks and snake bites
- Sticky Soft (50 SHORE A) compound guarantees maximum grip in slippery conditions, like wet grass and rocks
- APF Light Butyl rubber offers puncture resistance protection
What community has to say
Hefty, grippy, burly
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I call this my 'moto tire,' and I use it as a front tire on my 29er hardtail. I can lean into turns and blast over stuff that my Ignitors simply wouldn't bite into, and my Mountain Kings would have balked at. I absolutely love it as a front tire, but I probably wouldn't run a pair, it'd be a bit much. I'm currently using an Ignitor in the rear, and would recommend this combo whole-heartedly to anyone that likes to get a little extra rad on their XC bike.