Garmin Forerunner 620 Bundle $449.99
Measure heart rate, estimate VO2 max, calculate recovery time.
The Garmin Forerunner 620 Bundle provides you with cutting-edge, run-tracking capability courtesy of a Garmin Forerunner 620 GPS running watch. This package also includes Garmin's HRM Run Monitor for accurate heart-rate tracking. Distance and pace are measured through the watch's GPS, which is also capable of sharing location data when synced with the Garmin LiveTrack application (sold separately). The GPS watch and heart rate monitor communicate wirelessly for keeping track of cadence, vertical oscillation, and ground contact time. The internal accelerometer tracks distance when running indoors, eliminating the need for a separate foot pod.
Ever wondered just how fit you are in comparison to peers of the same age? Using an algorithm which crunches running speed, bpm, and heart rate variability, the 620 estimates your VO2 max. After estimating this key statistic, the 620 compares your VO2 max to those of similar age through its colored gauge. The 620 will even predict race times for several distances based off your VO2 max. This is key when training for marathons and other long duration running events, and it allows you to push physical limits every time you train—until you reach the desired VO2 max and subsequent race time you're shooting for.
Allowing you to run harder through a proper training schedule, the 620 learns your personal physiology based on heart rate data, and it factors this against your last workout, displaying how much time before you're fully recovered and ready for the next run. After you've completed a run, recovery time shows up, informing you of the proper resting duration before your next big workout. Color-coded gauges are easy to understand and read, as green is go and red means rest or engage in light recovery exercise.
Storing and sharing all of this data, the 620 works in harmony with Wi-Fi hotspots and the Garmin Connect application (free download online) to automatically sync when in range. Garmin Connect uploads all of your activity data, shares social updates, and also provides free workout plans. Additionally, the 620 wirelessly syncs with smartphones (currently iPhone app only) that have the Garmin Connect mobile application (free download via Apple App store). Live tracking is available when you pair your iPhone with compatible LiveTrack application (subscription sold separately). This allows your friends and family to track your running stats in real-time, and it shows your route on a street or satellite map so others can retrace your run.
- Touchscreen GPS running watch with high-resolution color display
- Tracks distance, pace, and heart rate with included Garmin HRM Run Monitor
- HRM Run Monitor measures cadence, vertical oscillation, and ground contact time
- Estimates VO2 max and predicts race times for several distances
- Uses heart rate data to give you recovery time with color-coded gauge
- Watch functions include time, date, and alarm
- Wirelessly syncs via Wi-Fi to Garmin Connect (free download online)
- Syncs with Garmin Connect Mobile application (only compatible with iPhone 4S +)
- Works with LiveTrack (paid subscription) to track run stats in real-time
- Bundle includes: charging data cradle, manual, HRM Run Monitor, and GPS watch
- Water-resistant to 165ft (50m)